• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help - Chicago Comic-Con info needed.

11 posts in this topic

Hello all!! I've been off the grid for a while due to some personal stuff being ironed out but I'm hoping to utilize my newfound freedom to go to my first Comic-Con. And with Chicago only being 5 hours drive away and the Con happening on a weekend I do not have my daughter - I'm in like Flynn!!

A couple questions -

1.) How early do people on the boards book their rooms? Do rooms book up around the area? I will probably be bringing a girl so it would be good to stay in a nice place but I'd also like to be near the action.

2.) Is there a good way to avoid the lines and get tickets for the main days at a discount. I've never been to a Con and I have only gotten a bit of info from reading other peoples post-con reports and I need more info!

3.) Any events set up for that weekend with board members?

4.) The girl I'm bringing (who is into Vampire books and I'm slowly showing her how cool comics are) is a graphics designer and would be happy to put together a bunch of cool shirts if I asked her. How about the group throws out a couple options and a poll decides the best shirt for the event. My initial idea was a shirt with Greggy's face and a Where's Waldo hat with the text "Where's Greggy" and maybe "You call that a VF/NM" or "what the "spoon" are you lookin at" on the back.

I think it's obvious that I'm excited about this event and it would be very cool to finally meet some of the board members that have entertained me during some darker days and even now when things are much better.

See you in two months!

And just in case you are thinking - who the heck is 1CoolEngineer?? Here is a couple cool pictures of me so you will know me if I walk by at the Con.

2908_79610040702_576055702_2185455_.jpg

100_0395.jpg

100_0402.jpg

Just to get it out of the way - yes I do sweat a lot!! Hot clubs = Andrew sweating . . a lot! And yes I did throw a picture up of the girl I am dating without me in it but I think she is hot . . and hot girls need to be in each thread. Club house rules.

Dude, check out the Chicago thread in the Events section.

It'll answer many of your questions and give you an idea of who/what to expect.

You'll have a blast!

Go to priceline.com and put in a low hotel price. Many of us snagged the host hotel Hyatt attached to the con for $49 a nite...there are two in the are but only one is in Bryn Mawer next to the con, the other is just down the street. The area is surrounded by hotels and one of them will pick you up.

Last year we booked the Hyatt a few weeks before the con and they still had room albeit for $150 a nite.

BTW, if you are into Steak...make that just good food and comics, the Saturday night forum dinner is a must. There is also a thread on that in the events section but it's basically a gathering of about 70-80 board members and hobbyists, killer dinner and a night of sharing books and stories in a terrific Steak House. It's $75 a head for a killer dinner.

It'll be a blast. Looking forward to finally meeting you.

R.

Just to get it out of the way - yes I do sweat a lot!! Hot clubs = Andrew sweating . . a lot! And yes I did throw a picture up of the girl I am dating without me in it but I think she is hot . . and hot girls need to be in each thread. Club house rules.

Lou and I also try to hit a club or two when in Chicago.

Might work out this year....

:headbang:

I knew there had to be a spot for that info - thanks man!

Now I will have to sell some of my I have left over to afford to go. $50/night would be fantastic!! I have really got to get too work but I can't believe I am actually going to a comic con!

Just do a google search for Wizard World Chicago 2009 and there will be links for tickets, address, hotels in the area, etc to get familiarlized.

Can't wait....been looking forward to it since last year!

God god all you people coming here , I need to lock my doors and windows...

get some guns too (thumbs u

Make sure your daughters are locked inside with you. Comic geeks are known to be playas too.

:roflmao: