• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has ANYONE Dealt With Joe Nacca At Golden Age Comics ????

26 posts in this topic

As my parcel of 26 comics has now been missing for seven weeks, I was wondering if anyone on here has bought off Joe Nacca of Golden Age Comics of Rochester, New York ????

Is he on the level ???

I have to ask, as no parcel has ever gone missing this long without being lost forever. His so called insurance number was untrackable and untraceable.

I really need to know.

PLEASE can anyone tell me of any dealings ????

And therefore what do I do about my fifteen hundred dollars ????

Joe is a good guy. I've dealt with him a few times, and other than some inconsistent grading, he's been spot-on with deliveries and returns.

Have you contacted him about tracing the package?

I've purchased from him a few times. He's fairly grumpy at times, but most of the time he's a good guy. Will take returns without any question. Grading is sometimes off a bit.

Sounds like the package was lost (or stolen) frown.gif

Brian

I have. Nice guy, solid reputation as far as I'm concerned. Grading can be a little shaky, but he won't rip you off.

Well after all these glowing testimonials, at least I have to believe he did send it on the 19th November.

I had to ask though...........

Good guy, shaky grading...some of his NMs are VFs. But then again, some of them really are NMs! Wish he'd sell some of his Marvels, but CGC and its effect on the market and on grading have made him bitter.

He told me in 2002 he would only trade his Marvels worth more than $50 anymore. Here's what he sent me in May 2003 when I tried again:

higrades (vf-nm) over $50 are used for trades only these days

He told me in 2002 he would only trade his Marvels worth more than $50 anymore. Here's what he sent me in May 2003 when I tried again:

higrades (vf-nm) over $50 are used for trades only these days

He told me the same.

Odd, guess he just likes me grin.gif

I think the $50 figure is incorrect, and they're referring to his "no valuable Silver Age NM" rule. That's been in effect for awhile now, and if you want to buy something like an ASM 14 NM, then pony up the trade bait.

Wonder if he finds many people who trade Golden Age for Silver Age? I can't imagine many people doing that unless it's a dealer looking to get books from him to sell.

I bought some stuff from him in late 2000, including a NM Daredevil #1--which I now know is a restored VF Daredevil #1. 893frustrated.gif However, I can grade and spot restoration infinitely better now than I could then, so I'd be willing to take a shot since he's got a good return policy.

I bought some stuff from him in late 2000, including a NM Daredevil #1--which I now know is a restored VF Daredevil #1.

893whatthe.gif

James

Was this during that period of time when you viewed yourself as a masochist? smirk.gif

Was this during that period of time when you viewed yourself as a masochist? smirk.gif

Sounds like it, doesn't it? However, it's quite the opposite! This was during the time I had far more disposable income than knowledge about comics...it was a few months after I got back into collecting. It might sound like a shocking purchase, but getting hosed on this copy is the primary event which transformed me into the aggressive sponge for knowledge about grading and restoration that I have become today! angel.gif