• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I must admit, that I am really enjoying 1602.

25 posts in this topic

I look forward to the next issue the way I use hawk the 7-11 waiting for Werewolf by Night and Tomb of Dracula(and yes I was a Man-Thing fan-that book was ahead of it's time) and Ghost Rider. It is also my first Gaiman, but I still intend to get "Endless Nights" since Santa seemed to have forget that one. But I know the populace loved "Hush", but if 1602 would have come out at the same time, I would have voted it better than 608-619, but to each his own. 893applaud-thumb.gif

The MCP stuff was bad, it was just tossed together junk so Marvel could put out one more book. You can get the first 20 issues or so of that Ghost Rider series for fairly cheap, it's a decent read IMO. Especially if you are a Ghost Rider fan.

Brian

The MU is based in Victorian England(1600's hence 1602) very bright concept and fun to try and figure out the not so obvious charecters-it's great.

I'm cutting in before all the Brits on the board form a lynching party smile.gif

I think 1602 is smack in the middle between "Tudor England" and "Stuart England", some people call it Elizabethan England as well.

Victorian England was about 250 years later....

The MU is based in Victorian England(1600's hence 1602) very bright concept and fun to try and figure out the not so obvious charecters-it's great.

I'm cutting in before all the Brits on the board form a lynching party smile.gif

I think 1602 is smack in the middle between "Tudor England" and "Stuart England", some people call it Elizabethan England as well.

Victorian England was about 250 years later....

It coincides, not surprisingly, with the reign of Queen Victoria.

currincomics, by the way, may not know his history, but he does know how to start a thread- 40 in just under two months. I don't think I've started 40 in a year.

So all the major Marvel characters are there? Is it a limited series?

8 issues. Without spoiling anything, all of the Silver Age Marvel Universe regulars are present (in one form or another)- as in the X-Men are there but the lineup is Jean Grey, Cyclops, Beast, etc. It's like a Secret Wars style book in terms of breadth of cast, but it's written by Gaiman so it's just about as good as comics get. I think it's absolutely brilliant.