• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you SELL you collection if a billionaire wanted to buy it?

75 posts in this topic

"Show me the money!"

It's all out the door at Guide except the Golden Age Supes and Actions. Now that I know about the Boards, I could have the bulk of my SA Marvels back in hand for less than guide (in some instances MUCH less) in a year or so, and be confident of a fair grading, and I'd have the thrill of rebuilding my collection.

Oh. And the Cerebus 1 is NOT FOR SALE

C'mon guys. Don't whimp out. It's an all or nothing proposition. The billionaire wants it all. Bill Gates wants the Supes, the Cerebus, the Howard the Duck and even the pile of Spawn #1- at guide natch.

All or nothing, eh?

That makes it a bit tougher...it worked HARD for that Superman 2-150 run, and my Cerebus 1 was just plain damfool luck.

Okay, all out the door at Guide or GPA, if I did it once I can do it again!

Especially with billionare bank in my pocket, lol

That's the spirit. 'sides, you can gouge him badly on shipping. :wishluck:

I'd probably sell at guide/multiples of guide. I'd be surprised if anybody wouldn't sell at multiples of guide.

Are there some billionaires around at the moment or something?

Ya.....but what if they offer you 5% less than guide? Anybody would sell at multiples of guide.....myself included. That would be $95 for a $100 book......

Sell??? or stay ???

Ya.....but what if they offer you 5% less than guide? Anybody would sell at multiples of guide.....myself included. That would be $95 for a $100 book......

Sell??? or stay ???

I'll take 95% guide on the raw stuff I didn't want to keep anyway.

I would sell most of the collections.

A few "pets" I would not part with, but forthe most part, the answer is: yes to most of the collection

CAL the seller

Sell??? or stay ???

I'll take 95% guide on the raw stuff I didn't want to keep anyway.

+1

I got some news for you all. You're not the billionaire so you don't get to set the price.

true, but since this tread is complete conjecture, we can make up anything we want. Until someone makes an offer on my collection, I can assume whatever I want on possible offers.

Of course, I don't think most people will pay big money for most peoples collections. Just because people have money, don't mean they'll just throw it away or overspend just because

Most people who have made big money made it screwing the little guy and those habits don't change.

ok granted, but there are people who use hard work and common sense to get rich also.... and then there is luck. But what impact does that have on the OP besides to say that it is a very unlikely scenerio?

Sell??? or stay ???

Screw that. Sorry, if you want the special stuff included, you're going to have to pay for it.

And since no one's going to pay what I want for the special stuff, it's a dead issue.

I'm a VERY sentimental guy.

Sure I'd sell for straight guide. I'd take a hit on what I could get for some slabs but that would more than make up for the 8,000 raw books, of which getting guide for everything from 1985 to present would more than make up for things. In fact I'd like to lighten some of the space my raw books take up but most of what I want to get rid of is 90's garbage that I'd be lucky to get a quarter a comic for.

I'd take full guide or close to it for everything and then use the money to buy a tightly focussed, compact, high quality collection of 'must have' items only :cloud9:

In fact that's such a good idea I'm actually thinking about it... Maybe I should just sling some longboxes on ebay for whatever I can get...

Heres a question for you, triggered by the "If you were a billionaire" thread.....

Would you SELL your collection if someone wanted to buy it? Think of the time spent putting it all together.....think of the joy everytime you scored a new book or filled a hole......think of the beauty of seqential order that you have built up over a long period of time.

Question: Would you sell your collection straight up for guide?

2x guide?

More?

No way?

As for me......I wouldn't.....at least not now. I really like my collection and its not about the $$$.....its about the fun, and I'm just not sure how much thats worth.

Sure, nothing in my collection couldn't be bought again, so I'd just start over with all the cash and hopefully add more books with the profit.