• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Night Nurse in the Modern Era

23 posts in this topic

I started this wonderful thread in the Bronze forum a few weeks ago asking about Marvel's Night Nurse/The Cat/Shanna the She-Devil. And then, just a few days ago, I was reading Dark Reign: Elektra #3 and who should show up but a character called The Night Nurse.

My questions:

1) Is this the same Night Nurse from the four-issue 1972 series? I have read conflicting reports. One site said that all three of the characters from the 1972 series went by "night nurse" because they were nurses who worked at night; that same sight said the modern Night Nurse is an unidentified woman who helps superheroes.

2) Is the correct moniker Night Nurse or THE Night Nurse?

Thank you kindly for your time.

I'm under the impression that the Night Nurse in modern Marvel comics is the same character from the Bronze Age series.

I'm under the impression that the Night Nurse in modern Marvel comics is the same character from the Bronze Age series.

As am I.

I will only be able to validate this theory if somebody gives me copies of the BA titles to read (thumbs u

You've got too many comics already. :makepoint:

How can you have too many comics hm

And you call yourself extremely handsome, athletic and a magnet to the opposite sex :baiting:

Yes, yes I do. :acclaim:

And you call yourself extremely handsome, athletic and a magnet to the opposite sex :baiting:

Too much self love going on there lol

That sounds dodgy. :eek:

That sounds dodgy. :eek:

That's why it was aimed at you :baiting:

Boy, this thread went off topic fast. But I think my question was answered. Somewhere! I love the Night Nurse.

Blame those stupid Brits :insane:

I love the Night Nurse as well (thumbs u

She's never around for a bed bath though lol

I believe the first time she appeared in modernity was during the Bendis/Maleev run, somewhere in the 60s, I think. I don't think it was ever specified in that run or The Pulse that she was the same character. No proper name was used, and she looks quite a bit different (her boobs had been updated), but I thought it was a great nod to Bronze, which Bendis specialized in during that time. Plus, after finally reading the original series, which was surprisingly cynical, I thought it was a cool idea that after spending years in poor New York neighborhoods, the Nurse opened a clinic in the Kitchen to help people who help others.

Man, that was a really good run of comics. As much as Bendis might screw up MTU, when he was on his more personal projects he really killed. Daredevil and Alias were both tremendous. Now I want to go reread them.

After doing some more research (read: browsing the Internet) I am more confused than ever. According to the Marvel Universe wiki, the current Night Nurse is not related to the previous three night nurses from the 1972 comic.. The Marvel Database, however, indicates that the current Night Nurse is Linda Carter, one of the nurses in the 1972 comic. And it looks like another night nurse from the 1972 series, Christine Palmer, has also made a reappearance relatively recently in a Nightcrawler book back in 2004.

There's even an alternate universe Night Nurse from Earth-9997!