• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what would you do with 40K

80 posts in this topic

Since we are having such fun in Billionaire world, what would you rather do with 40K

1 - 40K comic

2 - 20 K comics

40 - 1K comics

400 - $100 comics

(and we will just pretend shipping does not exist)

Personally - 40 x 1 K comics, oooooo - warm feeling.

In the "opening my own store" bank.

Since we are having such fun in Billionaire world, what would you rather do with 40K

1 - 40K comic

2 - 20 K comics

40 - 1K comics

400 - $100 comics

I like your choice - 40 $1K books would be freakin' sweet!

-slym

But even with a billion dollars, I could run out of money fast and have nothing of value to show for it.

You'd have to take some ludicrous risks and do some colossally stupid things to run through a billion dollars fast. Most people here wouldn't even know how to spend/risk enough to burn through that much money (me, I'd give it the old college try ;) ). You'd have to spend $45,630 per day, every single day, for 60 years just to run through the principal. It would be hard enough for most people to even spend the interest.

With a billion dollars, you'd get sick of comics long before you ran out of cash, no matter how stupidly you spent it.

True But with Hyperinflation and the Devalued Dollar Im guessing 45,630.00 wont buy a Burger in 10 years. In 20 years 456,300.00 wont buy you a burger, in 30 years 4,563,000.00 wont buy you a burger. In 40 years 45,630,000.00 wont buy you a burger. in 50 years 456,300,000.00 wont buy you a burger.

This will leave you with enough money to buy one more burger with..

But even with a billion dollars, I could run out of money fast and have nothing of value to show for it.

You'd have to take some ludicrous risks and do some colossally stupid things to run through a billion dollars fast. Most people here wouldn't even know how to spend/risk enough to burn through that much money (me, I'd give it the old college try ;) ). You'd have to spend $45,630 per day, every single day, for 60 years just to run through the principal. It would be hard enough for most people to even spend the interest.

With a billion dollars, you'd get sick of comics long before you ran out of cash, no matter how stupidly you spent it.

True But with Hyperinflation and the Devalued Dollar Im guessing 45,630.00 wont buy a Burger in 10 years. In 20 years 456,300.00 wont buy you a burger, in 30 years 4,563,000.00 wont buy you a burger. In 40 years 45,630,000.00 wont buy you a burger. in 50 years 456,300,000.00 wont buy you a burger.

:pullhair:

I will bet you anything you want that a McDonald's burger (now $1) will cost you less than $45,630 in 10 years.

You name the item you want to put up. Your house? Your car? You name it. There will not be 192% yearly inflation.

What a ridiculous statement. Just ridiculous.

1 - 40K comic

2 - 20 K comics

40 - 1K comics

400 - $100 comics

-slym

Wanna see MY 40K $1 books...?

:(

I will bet you anything you want that a McDonald's burger (now $1) will cost you less than $45,630 in 10 years.

You name the item you want to put up. Your house? Your car? You name it. There will not be 192% yearly inflation.

Ummm..WOW!!!

You took me seriously????

:headbang:

Well.

The odds are against it. Like several billion to one.

But I bet Germany didn't think that in 1913, either....

Yes, yes, I know, vastly different circumstances....but the possibility still exists.

My favorite part, though, is that you figured out the inflatiomary rate it would take to get from $1 to $45,630 in 10 years. God is in the details.

(thumbs u

Well.

The odds are against it. Like several billion to one.

But I bet Germany didn't think that in 1913, either....

Yes, yes, I know, vastly different circumstances....but the possibility still exists.

My favorite part, though, is that you figured out the inflatiomary rate it would take to get from $1 to $45,630 in 10 years. God is in the details.

(thumbs u

That amazed me as well!!!

My math was pulled out of my Butt!

Donut had to work his noodle!!!

Ummm..WOW!!!

I just hear this kind of *spoon* all the time now, and people just are clueless as to the math required for this kind of jump.

The Germany example is legitimate, but I'm relatively sure - of course it is merely my supposition - that the United States will not suffer a crushing military defeat and be forced by the victors in the wars to pay reparations in hard currency equivalent to 1/3 of US GDP. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

1 - 40K comic

2 - 20 K comics

40 - 1K comics

400 - $100 comics

-slym

Is that a euphemism?

lol

-slym

Ummm..WOW!!!

I just hear this kind of *spoon* all the time now, and people just are clueless as to the math required for this kind of jump.

The Germany example is legitimate, but I'm relatively sure - of course it is merely my supposition - that the United States will not suffer a crushing military defeat and be forced by the victors in the wars to pay reparations in hard currency equivalent to 1/3 of US GDP. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

You know, I really don't blame Hitler for burning the Treaty of Versailles when he took Paris. It really was the most petty, vindictive "peace treaty" we've ever come up with (and, of course, by "we" I mean France. But we, the Brits and the US could, and should, have stepped in, and we didn't.)

It was, greater than any other single reason,.the direct cause of World War II.

1 - 40K comic

2 - 20 K comics

40 - 1K comics

400 - $100 comics

-slym

Is that a euphemism?

lol

-slym

No.

You know I've got 'em.

(thumbs u

1 - 40K comic

2 - 20 K comics

40 - 1K comics

400 - $100 comics

-slym

Is that a euphemism?

lol

-slym

No.

You know I've got 'em.

(thumbs u

I got Chiclo'd... over here, no less.

:eek:

-slym