• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COIE and Batman

62 posts in this topic

The only one of those who got anything substantially different was GA with his costume change in B&B #85, coming in at the very tale end of the Silver Age.

Homonym error, or clever pun???

lol

-slym

There are a few instances where SA DCs refer to "the Golden Age of comics", but certainly not the Silver Age.

Interestingly enough I just found this when looking through Wonder Woman #158 (November 1965)

Nice find, Comicopolis! That is, in fact, one of the instances in which DC refers to the "Golden Age of Comics" in the Silver Age...other places are Flash #123, 129, 137, etc.

WW #156 actually mentions Golden Age comics selling for "as much as $100"...

(thumbs u

The only one of those who got anything substantially different was GA with his costume change in B&B #85, coming in at the very tale end of the Silver Age.

Homonym error, or clever pun???

lol

-slym

Ummmm....YOU pick.

lol

Oh, and RMA; :blahblah: If you don't want to get into fights, then please don't start them.

Oh and Sal...with all respect that is due you....both parts of your "if/then" statement are wrong...and your post is an attempt to start a fight.

Since I have never...not once...initiated interaction with you, it is therefore impossible for me to have "started a fight" with you.

Now go troll elsewhere. This is a grown-up thread.

I would have been delighted to continue this in pm, but since you've rather ridiculously and childishly decided to put me on ignore, I must - painfully and reluctantly - address this here.

This was what my initial comment was in regards to;

Wait a minute....I know what this thread has been missing!

People telling other people they're stupid, moronic, and dumb, that they know nothing about the topic at hand, and that they're derailing it with non-interesting tangents that bore the hell out of everyone else!!

Ack!

A serious, civil conversation on the CGC boards? Not possible!

Gee, I'm sorry, why in the world would I think this a desire on your part to continue a silly fight, carried over from General?

If you'd like to continue this discussion, by all means, allow me to pm you and we can have a civil conversation off the boards. Or not.

:thumbsup:

(shrug)

-slym

Posts, my friend. ;) You know all I care about is post count! lol

Oh - and I think we should get rid of the post-count number altogether.

;)

-slym

:applause:

No way! Post counts give those who are so inclined an inflated sense of self-worth and believe it adds weight to whatever they have to say.....and to some others, it's even true!

(thumbs u

Not that you of one of those, of course... you are just saying.

lol

-slym (favours the "star" system)

No way! Post counts give those who are so inclined an inflated sense of self-worth and believe it adds weight to whatever they have to say.....and to some others, it's even true!

(thumbs u

I have no idea which type I fall into. But if the krap I post needs weight adding to it then I lead a very sad life :eek:

(thumbs u

Not that you of one of those, of course... you are just saying.

lol

Not here, I ain't. lol

And I've never been one to lord post counts over anyone. I have NEVER (to my knowledge) dismissed someone's points simply because of their post count, and I KNOW I've never done it "out loud." I recognize that there are usually fully grown adults on the other side, whose experiences and knowledge I know little to nothing about, and making assumptions based on something as meaningless as post count is a guaranteed way to make me look like a jackarse.

I do not make the mistake of assuming a "noob" knows nothing simply because he is a "noob."

The same cannot be said of some here. Hence the sig. meh

Just the other day, one "establishment" member had the temerity to tell me I "obviously" don't collect "Golden or Atom Age books" during a debate, at which point I whipped out my Batman #9, 11, 23, 24, and 26. I didn't whip out my Tecs, or my Ducks, or my ECs (and further, as if one had to collect something to have knowledge about it.) Said member didn't have the stones to say "guess I was wrong."

It is even more difficult to go back and retroactively define this-was-the-GA-Supes, while this was the Silver Age version, because in the 1950s and 1960s they recycled the plots every 6 or 7 years, as their readership aged out of their target audience. There were quite a few Supergirl prototypes before the final version came out. Seems like Bizarro went through a false start or two as well.

This still goes on.they are just better at covering it up. ;)