• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is The Spirit movie really that bad?

79 posts in this topic

download and watch for the hot girls in it. other than that it sucks

Perhaps a mute button while making up your own dialogue on the TV or the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment could make this film watchable, anything short of that you are looking straight down the barrel of the most excruciatingly painful time I have ever had at the movies. It was closer to a bad trip to the dentist without the assistance of numbing medication.

If Scarlett in dominatix-style military gear and a riding crop can't save a movie, nothing can.

C

I lasted about 20 minutes too. One of those films where A, you can see a lot of money being spent, and B, you can't imagine how anyone thought it'd make a profit.

the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment could make this film watchable

This is exactly what I was thinking most of the time. The little heat-on-foot clone guy scene especially! When Sam Jackson says "This is just weird." in that scene, it's like he's giving a 4 word review of the entire movie.

The Spirit

December 23, 2008

by Roger Ebert

"The Spirit" is mannered to the point of madness. There is not a trace of human emotion in it. To call the characters cardboard is to insult a useful packing material. The movie is all style -- style without substance, style whirling in a senseless void. The film's hero is an ex-cop reincarnated as an immortal enforcer; for all the personality he exhibits, we would welcome Elmer Fudd."

Rated 14% positive on Rotten Tomatoes. :boo: