• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So whats happening in Captain America # 600 tommorrow?

77 posts in this topic

If it's covered in the Newspaper, would someone from the forums be kind enough to buy me an extra copy. I'd greatly appreciate it, and I will certainly cover the costs involved.

When Cap #25 came out, I had to hunt on ebay for the newspaper that had it as the cover story. I'd love it if a boardie could help me out should a similar thing happen again.

captainamericaNYDailyNewsspcial-1.jpg

I asked this in the other thread...if this makes mainstream news, do you think anyone will notice it's only been two years between Captain America "#25" and "#600".....?

Maybe they'll think they publish Cap daily now....

I asked this in the other thread...if this makes mainstream news, do you think anyone will notice it's only been two years between Captain America "#25" and "#600".....?

Maybe they'll think they publish Cap daily now....

No mention will be made about the time period between #25 & 600... it would take too much explanation that most people don't care about (readers of a mainstream newspaper.)

-slym

Well, sure...but some non-comics person is going to be bright enough to realize the "discrepancy"...."hey, wasn't #25 released just two years ago? How can they be on #600 already?"...if it makes it to the mainstream media, that is...

Check your PMs

If it's covered in the Newspaper, would someone from the forums be kind enough to buy me an extra copy. I'd greatly appreciate it, and I will certainly cover the costs involved.

When Cap #25 came out, I had to hunt on ebay for the newspaper that had it as the cover story. I'd love it if a boardie could help me out should a similar thing happen again.

captainamericaNYDailyNewsspcial-1.jpg

we have way too many real shootings in Vancouver lately for this to make front page

I never really liked Captain America as a solo super hero anyway. I always found him boring, like Daredevil.

They are probably only making him black so they can cast Samuel L. Jackson as Cap in the next movie anyways. Either that or they are hoping for the second coming Obama variant Spidey style.

You should read the Mike Zeck issues from the mid-1980s (Baron Zemo, Viper, Hydra stuff). They were great. It was the only time I was ever able to get into the Captain America title on a monthly basis.

"Consumers are responding to it like crazy," said Gerry Gladston, co-owner of Midtown Comics in Manhattan. "They don't feel like it's a stunt."

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: