• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rodolfo Damaggio (Iron Man, Fantastic 4, Hulk, Indiana Jones 4, etc.)

2 posts in this topic

Everyone,

It seems like that the artist Rodolfo Damaggio has not really been mentioned or discussed here.

Therefore I will start a post and hopefully get people interested in his artwork as well as his current work in the movie business.

Rodolfo Damaggio started let's say approx. in the mid nineties and worked until approx. 2000 in the comic book business as an artist.

His work on all the Green Lantern / Green Arrow, Batman and Flash titles have been amazing.

Here are a few examples :

tn-green_arrow_117_cover.jpg tn-rc_ga_117_cover_color_mpcq.jpg

tn-green_arrow_123_cover.jpg tn-rc_ga_123_cover_color_cqzl.jpg

I might be wrong on the exact days, but where I am getting to here is that he shifted his focus from Comics to Movies.

He has been the storyboard artist on a ton of awesome comic book related movies such as for example the Iron-Man Movie and Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer.

The storyboards for those movies as well as many others can be viewed on his website :

www.damaggio.com

You have to check his website out. Amazing what goes into making those movies.

I am hesitant in linking his images to this website, since I am not sure what the legal aspect of the storyboards, etc. are.

Just go to his website and browse around. Everyone will be amazed ! I have no doubts. It is fair to say he is a brilliant illustrator and storyboard artist.

To my knowledge he is currently not looking into getting back into the comic book business. So all the art that is out there is pretty much what is available.

If you look, there are a couple great items up for sale, including on my website, but this is not why I am writing this. I was just amazed that he had not been mentioned here (to my knowledge).

As you will see on his website - he is currently involved in the development of the Green Lantern Movie !

Let me know what you think,

Andy

Nice artwork.

Sadly, I have less interest in collecting Damaggio's work because he's gone into movie work. He's good but there's a lot of very good artists out there. To date, he hasn't made a huge mark in the comics field...and, as long as he's storyboarding film projects, it doesn't look like he'll make much of a mark in the future, either.