• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If pressing was detectable should it be given a blue label designation?

If CGC could detect pressing, should it still classify it as a blue label?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. If CGC could detect pressing, should it still classify it as a blue label?

255 posts in this topic

The more I've thought about this issue, the more I've come to realize it should not be so much of an issue about pressing being good or harmful. That discussion tends to divert from the true issue, which is given that pressing could somehow be detected on a reliable scale (which I believe is achievable for some reasons cited on another thread), should it still be given a blue label designation?

We could argue day and night whether restoration in itself is good or bad (neutralizing the paper itself is argumentatively superior), but it still gets a PLOD label, and buyers are left with a choice that gives them the ability to choose with full disclosure.

The main issue as I see it is ultimately, whether or not detected pressing should be disclosed. I think this is more inline with what posters are trying to achieve and would stop muddying the waters so much, by focusing on the merits of the merits of pressing vs. non-pressing, which IMO, is a distraction from poster's true concerns.

1zggsgj.jpg

Pressing not restoration. I would expect a Blue Label.

As I read once, it's no different then having the book between 100's of other books, as it's getting "pressed"

And yes i've done this on PURPOSE with some of my books

yawa og daerht siht ekam esaelP

:wishluck:

.eussi eurt eht ot ytiralc sdda ti,tnadnuder si ti kniht t'nod I. :gossip:

It's redundant, repetitive & repeats itself infinitely! :makepoint:

CGC's stance notwithstanding, No, i dont think it should get a purple label

Not necessary to automatically assume purple, could make it green or some other color/designation beyond blue. The question is focused on whether it should be given 'blue' label status.

Don't call it restoration if you want, just put it in a class that is not blue label.

Call it qualified, pressed, or some other designation that classifies it as something other than a blue label designation.

yawa og daerht siht ekam esaelP

:wishluck:

.eussi eurt eht ot ytiralc sdda ti,tnadnuder si ti kniht t'nod I. :gossip:

It's redundant, repetitive & repeats itself infinitely! :makepoint:

I concur. Furthermore, I was confused by the question and voted incorrectly.

CGC's stance notwithstanding, No, i dont think it should get a purple label

Not necessary to automatically assume purple, could make it green or some other color/designation beyond blue. The question is focused on whether it should be given 'blue' label status.

If the pressing is evident, or known to have been performed prior to submittal, it should at least be noted on ANY label and/or given another label designation depending on the professional or amateur aspect, and depending on the restorative or degenerative results of any particular known "restorative" pressing.