• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 3 and Spider-man 5 available for sale

4 posts in this topic

I am also going to be listing a Superman #3 and an Amazing Spider-man #5 up for sale on eBay tomorrow. (well, I'll probably decide last minute about the Spider-man 5 but the Superman 3 is definitely going up)

If anyone is interested in buying either of these before they go up for sale, the Superman 3 is approximately a VG. The book is unrestored but has a large piece of tape going up the entire length of the spine. Without the tape the book would be a 4.5. The book was graded an unrestored 4.0 by NeatStuffCollectibles. A large scan is available for anyone who wants to see it. I'm sticking with Neatstuff's grade rather than my own because they have three graders look at each book I believe, so they'd probably be more accurate than me. Plus the tape makes the book hard to grade in my opinion.. (I see tape I automatically think Good) Plus I buy alot from NSC and their grading has always been pretty accurate IMO.

I also have an Amazing Spider-man #5 CGC 6.0. The book has off-white pages, is perfectly centered, has fairly sharp corners (although one is slightly dinged), and has no arrival date. I wouldn't say the book is undergraded, but it was graded strictly. (Its not a 5.0 in a 6.0 slab) Its main flaw is a few light spine stresses down the middle of the spine. A Spider-man 5 CGC 6.0 with CR-OW pages and an arrival date just sold on eBay for $611.99. I'd like to get right around that price. With eBay prices picking up steam now that december is over, and the summer Spider-man movie coming up I'm not as interested in selling this one unless the price is right cool.gif