• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for Ian_Levine ..... just how many DC comics do you have

47 posts in this topic

I can understand both sides. Obviously Ian is very enthusastic about this hobby and his efforts. Naturally he was hoping to find someone who is working on the same collecting scope to be equally as excited. I'm sure Ian's motives for contact where sincere and hopeful, finding a kindred spirit.

I have never spoke to Ian in person but I will assume he may be loud, vigorious and opinionated on the phone based on his messages in the forum. Nothing wrong with that!

I have never talked to Christine but based on what I have seen of Christine at the cons she seems more reserved and selective about her dealings. Nothing wrong with that!

That's the beauty of human beings, Ian and Christine are so similar in certain ways, yet so far apart in many others. Neither of you were right here or wrong here, you were both just being who you are. Nothing wrong with that!

Timely

I can understand both sides. Obviously Ian is very enthusastic about this hobby and his efforts. Naturally he was hoping to find someone who is working on the same collecting scope to be equally as excited. I'm sure Ian's motives for contact where sincere and hopeful, finding a kindred spirit.

West, to mix metaphors, you hit the nail on the head in a nutshell.

"It was merely a statement of fact. That's how she came across on the phone" - So would you if someone unsolicited and a complete stranger calls you out of the blue enquiring as to your comic collection.

Nonsense - life is about living and taking the bull by the horns. I speak to complete strangers all the time. Believe it or not, I'm actually quite renowned for other stuff I've done away from the comics.

893whatthe.gifshake.gifdemut_1.gif

Well one little man looks shocked, the next one is shaking his head, and the third one is doing the "I'm not worthy" movement.

All of which means........ ?????

It means I wish all these damned threads would go away. 893frustrated.gif

Well one little man looks shocked, the next one is shaking his head, and the third one is doing the "I'm not worthy" movement.

All of which means........ ?????

It means I wish all these damned threads would go away. 893frustrated.gif

THANK you, Khaos! Someone finally gets it! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif