• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are comics for nerds?

Are comics for nerds???  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Are comics for nerds???

92 posts in this topic

I've always been curious about the origins of a comic book collector. I know this is a limited and slightly "off" sample group but who knows what might be revealed.

What type of kid where you in high school?? You can only pick one type so pick wisely!

I think there is going to be some crossover in almost everyone - I was a jock who enjoyed Doctor Who and hung out with the stoner crowd. But at the end of the day I would say most of my classmates thought I was a tall geeky guy.

What's AP?

Advance placement - way for high school kids to do college level classes. Pretty much the smart kids all did AP classes. Sadly I was not so bright :(

I guess you could consider me a jock, ran CC, winter track and spring track all 4 years. Lettered in Varsity even my Freshman year and was part of a winning States team my Junior year. Name was constantly in the local paper.

But I also played Magic The Gathering and read DrangonLance books.

Went to as many Pearl Jam, Social Distortion and the like concerts as I could. And grew my hair out to my shoulders.

I transcended all categories...I do not fit neatly into any one of your puny categories... :sumo:

We will just have to squeeze you into the geeky column based on your comment :kidaround:

I prefer the term GEEK to nerd. Nerd implies social awkwardness which only applies 20% of the time (such as social situations lol)
Would a nerd not know that? :baiting:

I was a mixture of the top four. I played sports, read fantasy novels and comics, took AP classes, and partied every weekend. (shrug)

+1

Although I only started partying about midway through Sophmore year. :baiting: