• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just found a Star Wars #1 35C variant in my closet - What to do?

39 posts in this topic

Alot of people think its the 35 cent variant and its not. I purchased a copy once on ebay and thought it was the original. Only when I got it did i realize it was a reprint. Only cost me $20.

That's nothing, and I'm sure a few people remember this one:

81403.jpg.1dd64071c0db32cdb72cdb19c0b5fae6.jpg

Alot of people think its the 35 cent variant and its not. I purchased a copy once on ebay and thought it was the original. Only when I got it did i realize it was a reprint. Only cost me $20.

What's the deal? Manufactured collectible? But this one was a pure scam, where it seems others were real books, just mis-identified (deliberately or not).

What's the deal? Manufactured collectible? But this one was a pure scam, where it seems others were real books, just mis-identified (deliberately or not).

IIRC, that one was pure scam. Someone photoshopped the 35-cent in. I think it was an eBay book.

I think it was "discovered" as the type of the "35" did not match the type on a true 35-center. I could be mistaken though. Many moons, and many scams ago.

Reminds me of a certain ASM #129 25 cent variant that showed up on ebay around April 1st a few years ago. Right JC? lol

Yeah, that was a good one, and the back-story wasn't bad either. :insane:

Picture, please.

Gee...isn't it strange that the original poster has only made 2 posts (both are identical in 2 different threads) and never bothered to show again or post a scan of his so-called "find"? hm:P

IIRC, that one was pure scam. Someone photoshopped the 35-cent in. I think it was an eBay book.

I think it was "discovered" as the type of the "35" did not match the type on a true 35-center. I could be mistaken though. Many moons, and many scams ago.

yeppers, the font on Joe's pic is the font Marvel used for their regularly-distributed 35c books

No one wants to see my Thor #338 35 cent variant...?

I do - that would be quite cool. Like the Amethysts?

here you go.....

IMG_1826.jpg

Wait.

the picture's not quite right...

Hold on, lemme fix it.

(tap, tap....

......tap)

There.

Voila!

IMG_1827.jpg

Ta Da!

Thank you, thank you, please direct your rotten tomatoes to the curtain at left....

: :acclaim: