• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK Comic Convention

35 posts in this topic

I'm going, Have my Early bird ticket for the Sat :cool: Congrats on the Job

There's another gaz in the UK? :o

I knew I should have trade marked the name. :tonofbricks:

BTW, congrats on the new job Dave.

He's the 2810i, the latest model.

The original gazbot is obsolete. :sorry:

Not obsolete, just not as 'in-demand' as before :baiting:

Not obsolete, just not as 'in-demand' as before :baiting:

I'm going the way of the VCR. :cry:

Oh and congrats on the job Dave :headbang:

Thanks m8 !

Congrats Dave. There will be a few of heading down for the Birmingham CC, Oct 3/4

Thanks nmtg9 - what's the CC ? Do you have a link ? I might go to that one also. :banana:

Good news - I've found work again :banana: and to celebrate I'm going to the London Comic Convention next month and wondered if anyone else from the boards might be going or if you've gone in previous years and what you thought ? :shrug:

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be the only one there - yes no queues ! :headbang:

I went a few years back and it was so bad in terms of comics, that i didn't even bother to attend on the 2nd day.

Oh and congrats on the job Dave :headbang:

Thanks m8 !

Congrats Dave. There will be a few of heading down for the Birmingham CC, Oct 3/4

Thanks nmtg9 - what's the CC ? Do you have a link ? I might go to that one also. :banana:

Good news - I've found work again :banana: and to celebrate I'm going to the London Comic Convention next month and wondered if anyone else from the boards might be going or if you've gone in previous years and what you thought ? :shrug:

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be the only one there - yes no queues ! :headbang:

I went a few years back and it was so bad in terms of comics, that i didn't even bother to attend on the 2nd day.

It's an entertaining event, but if you're going solely for the comics, you're not going to enjoy it much. :(

You are right that it is an entertainment event, but the last time i went it was advertised, as it is now, as a comics and media event and yet there were only 10 comic dealers and only one of those was selling back issues, the rest were toys and figures.

Surely they should not advertise this as a comics event if that is the case...

You are right that it is an entertainment event, but the last time i went it was advertised, as it is now, as a comics and media event and yet there were only 10 comic dealers and only one of those was selling back issues, the rest were toys and figures.

Surely they should not advertise this as a comics event if that is the case...

Oh, I completely agree. (thumbs u

However, if there is only one comics dealer there, they can still rightly advertise it as a comics event. doh!

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll make an effort for the Birmingham CC now based on the info.

Thanks also for all the good wishes concerning my work. Best of luck to you Nick !

I'll be going to both London & Birmingham events.

It's amazing what you can achieve when you can convince the wife that she can shop as much as she wants while I mingle with the geeks. :insane: