• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher #1

40 posts in this topic

Hiya, Im getting back into collecting comics after a 15 year leave. Anyway I read the first TPB of preacher and wow, I love it! Now my question is a 2 parter,

1) how much would I expect to pay for a copy of Preacher 1 cgc 9.8

2) What other series are out there that I would like that are as orginial as the Preacher series is?

Thanks for the help.

A Preacher #1 CGC 9.8 will set you back around $300 or so. Check out Vertigo's line of titles, Sandman, Hellblazer etc for more titles you'll probably like.

Fables, Scalped, The Walking Dead, Batman #400. Can't go wrong with these either. (thumbs u

You'll struggle to grab a Batman #400 though, Diggler has eaten them all :eek:

Hiya, Im getting back into collecting comics after a 15 year leave. Anyway I read the first TPB of preacher and wow, I love it! Now my question is a 2 parter,

2) What other series are out there that I would like that are as orginial as the Preacher series is?

Thanks for the help.

If you like Ennis, check out Hitman #1-60, as he wrote the entire series.

If you like Ennis & horror, check out his run on Hellblazer (#41-50, #52-83, #129-133, Special #1 DC/Vertigo, + Heartland one-shot spin-off).

Hitman was great. I must pick the run up again some time. You may also like The Boys through Dynamite Press, also by Ennis (thumbs u

Thanks for the help.

If you like Ennis, check out Hitman #1-60, as he wrote the entire series.

If you like Ennis & horror, check out his run on Hellblazer (#41-50, #52-83, #129-133, Special #1 DC/Vertigo, + Heartland one-shot spin-off).

Ennis had a fun run on the Demon as well.

You may want to read Y the last man as well. The series is complete in TPB like Preacher is so its easy to get. There is also a small tribute to Preacher in the Y story line.

Its a shame you didn't discover Preacher earlier. As we speak, Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon are at WW Philly. I have the first 4 Preacher books up there getting signed.

If you'd like to take a shot at getting a Preacher #1 graded rather than throw down 300.00 you can find a HG raw Preacher for about 40.00.. less if you are lucky.

There is also a small tribute to Preacher in the Y story line.

I never knew that.

Its a shame you didn't discover Preacher earlier. As we speak, Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon are at WW Philly. I have the first 4 Preacher books up there getting signed.

My 1 and 2 are there too.

If you'd like to take a shot at getting a Preacher #1 graded rather than throw down 300.00 you can find a HG raw Preacher for about 40.00.. less if you are lucky.

That's what I'm trying. Won't get 9.8s but still enough to make me happy without laying down big bucks for an SS.

I never knew that.

That's what I'm trying. Won't get 9.8s but still enough to make me happy without laying down big bucks for an SS.

Yep, Yorick has the same lighter that Jessie has.

I never knew that.

Well, actually Jesse's lighter is an original. Yorick bought a replica that DC put out later on. I mean, really, how could he get an original lighter from a comic book. sheesh, that's just ridiculous. :gossip:

I never knew that.

Well, actually Jesse's lighter is an original. Yorick bought a replica that DC put out later on. I mean, really, how could he get an original lighter from a comic book. sheesh, that's just ridiculous. :gossip:

smart guy.... :sumo:

Fables, Scalped, The Walking Dead, Batman #400. Can't go wrong with these either. (thumbs u

He has....?

;)

I have one beater, you two had better stop hoarding them :sumo:

He has....?

;)

I have one beater, you two had better stop hoarding them :sumo:

RMA has about 80% of the print run. :P As usual, I'm taking up the rear. :eek: