• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do You Fund Your Buying?

How Do You Fund Your Collection Poll  

327 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Fund Your Collection Poll

52 posts in this topic

I've moved a lot more into selling books to buy what I want lately (which isn't much) as funds have run extremely low. I used to just use my wages to feed the habit, but now it's a mixture of both.

So I got to wondering how others funded their collections?

I'm constantly looking at stuff and thinking 'that can go'. then getting nowhere near what I paid for it.

That's what has been going on with me this summer. Just trying to raise funds for a big purchase in a few months. I don't care how much I'm loosing, going for quality over quantity now.

Work for a living.

I have two jobs, my full time one and the one when I get home meh

That second job sounds too much like hard work :insane:

Believe me it is. And I don't get paid for it.

Work for a living.

I have two jobs, my full time one and the one when I get home meh

That second job sounds too much like hard work :insane:

Believe me it is. And I don't get paid for it.

:eek:

Up to recently, it was from discretionary spending. However, in order for me to buy my ultimate grail (AF15), I sold off a ton of lesser dollar books.

First it was personal income, then it was from selling.

In the last year, I've sold ten times more than I've bought.

Is that because you are cutting back on your collection?

I'm going to be selling a lot of what I have at the moment. Most are doubles or just titles I dabbled in, but there will be a few of my collection that I'll be putting up for sale too.

I really need to trim stuff down at the moment, so some titles I do actually like will take the bullet unfortunately.

I spend from my income only. I don't sale anything if I double up on anything I separate it from MY collection and put it under my bed for my boys if they ever want to start collecting they'll have a jumpstart with some pretty ok stuff.

I'm going to be selling a lot of what I have at the moment. Most are doubles or just titles I dabbled in, but there will be a few of my collection that I'll be putting up for sale too.

I really need to trim stuff down at the moment, so some titles I do actually like will take the bullet unfortunately.

Whatcha got? :popcorn:

Whatcha got? :popcorn:

Ill gotten gains :insane: