• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Future Investment Question. WOLVERINE!

21 posts in this topic

My sister is a big Wolvie fan, and is trying to get a copy of Incredible Hulk #181. My Question is how good is that issue as an investment? and are there any other wolverine issue's out there that are worth looking at? ( Not counting Wolverine :Limited series, she has 9.8 copies of #1, #2 already)

If you think she might be interested, buy her some original wolverine art. You can get a decent page for between 50-100 bucks and really nice for more. Search the bay or here in the forum. Good luck!

The Wolverine Limited Series is, ultimately, not a good choice. :(

#181 is however, as is #180, the actually true 1st appearance. (thumbs u

Is that because there are so many of the L.S. graded already? And how much on average is HULK #180 going for right now? & does any body on the boards have one for sell?

Is that because there are so many of the L.S. graded already? And how much on average is HULK #180 going for right now? & does any body on the boards have one for sell?

Forget about how many Limited Series that have been graded and start considering just how many tens of thousands are still out there. It's as common as fleas on a dog, unfortunately. :(

As for #180s...

IncredibleHulk180Front.jpg

Wolverine and Kitty Pride Limited Series. Can't go wrong with that. But good luck finding those in any grade.

That's because they're utter sh!te, right?

Mmmmm, could be.

that rare eh?

I had bought a collection and sold the six issue set on these boards a few years ago in VF/FN condition

I thought they were dollar books and I sold them as such.

The OSPG has them listed as $5 each in 9.2???

(shrug)

Forget about how many Limited Series that have been graded and start considering just how many tens of thousands are still out there. It's as common as fleas on a dog, unfortunately. :(

As for #180s...

IncredibleHulk180Front.jpg

:o are you selling?

Wolverine and Kitty Pride Limited Series. Can't go wrong with that. But good luck finding those in any grade.

Mmmmm, could be.

that rare eh?

I had bought a collection and sold the six issue set on these boards a few years ago in VF/FN condition

(shrug)

I bought a set on these forums in at least 9.6 for ten bucks.

Mmmmm, could be.

that rare eh?

(shrug)

I was just kidding :)

Rare or not, ten bucks is actually a good deal for a 9.6, then again, how long ago was that?

It was ten bucks for all six, and it was last November, I think. The guy was having a mini-series blowout sale. I also picked up the Nightcrawler MS and the Iceman MS for about the same.

I think you misunderstood me, amigo. They were raw. I still think it was a pretty good deal, even though I wound up giving them away to a friend. :D

Mmmmm, could be.

that rare eh?

(shrug)

I bought a set on these forums in at least 9.6 for ten bucks.

that was probably from me because I can't grade from chit!

and usually waaaay under grade (that's why I don't sell that much).

:insane:

My sister is a big Wolvie fan, and is trying to get a copy of Incredible Hulk #181. My Question is how good is that issue as an investment? and are there any other wolverine issue's out there that are worth looking at? ( Not counting Wolverine :Limited series, she has 9.8 copies of #1, #2 already)

Go with Hulk #181 in 9.0 if you have the $$$ to spend. It does not fetch the high sticker price that a 9.4 will, but it should not drop much over the long term either in a worst case scenario.