• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody purchase any of "Mama's Collection" that....

7 posts in this topic

In an earlier thread I queried how much Carbo paid Mama and also which books were from the collection that they were hawking and which weren't - their triumphant blurbs weren't specific - were all those Timelys in Mama's Collection, or were they thrown in to add weight to it? Either way their reserves are usually too high on nearly everything. So in answer to your question, NO.

I'm not big on their grading from what I seen on ebay,but i bought a book before off of Mike ,a Challengers of the Unknown# 1at a show ,& he gave me a great deal on it.No matter what anybody thinks of his grading ,he is a hell'av nice guy. And he's done alot to promote the hobby ,he seems to really love the hobby!!

I've dealt with Mike C at numerous shows over the years and I would say that prior to the CGC boom I always got decent deals off him. After this, his prices went skywards on quality stuff (so you did well in that deal).

You can't hold anything against Mike - he's human (in the in-your-face sort of way), although capturing him in the right mood (and getting his undivided attention) certainly helps to get a deal from him.