• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just sold the majority of my comic collection (1600+)

25 posts in this topic

problem is, tables at shows around me are so expensive (well, maybe at some of the NJ or CT shows they aren't) I don't have the opportunity to hit some dealer unloading krap for 10 cents each and cherry pick the best of the drek to replenish my decent drek that got cherry picked at the yard sale.

i'm contemplating selling dollar books at a local flee market that's free i think...one of my neighbors sets up shop there too, but it's been raining so much lately and my kid is invited to a birthday party every frigging weekend.... I'm probably in for a rude awakening as the hood it is in has 3 comic shops within about 1 mile of eachother (which is actually pretty amazing given the rents), so if anyone actually walked inside them they could get their own dollar books, but I suspect a lot of casual buyers would buy off the street, but not walk inside the shops.

1500 comics is only about 5 long boxes, do you live in a really small apartment or something? that many comics can easily be tucked into the back of a closet. but if you didn't want them, that's cool.

True enough, but I wanted my closet back. The bags and boards were probably worth more than the actual comic they were protecting.

1500 comics is only about 5 long boxes, do you live in a really small apartment or something? that many comics can easily be tucked into the back of a closet. but if you didn't want them, that's cool.

True enough, but I wanted to give my wife more room for her shoes. The bags and boards were probably worth more than the actual comic they were protecting.

Fixed that post for ya! ;)