• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just sold the majority of my comic collection (1600+)

25 posts in this topic

I just sold them through craigslist 30 minutes ago.

All I have left are two slabs, and a short box (100+ mcfarlane spider-man number 1s, star wars 1 x7, star wars 107, and semper fi 1,2,3,7 and a few others). I have to say it feels great. The wife is pleased too!

time to start buying again :baiting:

It is a continual process. Buy... then sell... buy... then sell. Just have to keep showing the wife that I make money each time and that I'm not attached to them.

All I have left are two slabs, and a short box (100+ mcfarlane spider-man number 1s, star wars 1 x7, star wars 107, and semper fi 1,2,3,7 and a few others). I have to say it feels great. The wife is pleased too!

Who's the dork who bought them? :baiting:

No idea, but I hope they enjoy the 40+ copies of X-Force #1. The best comic in the lot was a Punisher #1 in about 9.2 condition. I cherry picked everything else.

He spent the majority of the time arguing that I didn't actually have 1500, he started to count them... but he stopped when it became apparent that there was actually more than 1500.

No idea, but I hope they enjoy the 40+ copies of X-Force #1. The best comic in the lot was a Punisher #1 in about 9.2 condition. I cherry picked everything else.

He spent the majority of the time arguing that I didn't actually have 1500, he started to count them... but he stopped when it became apparent that there was actually more than 1500.

What's his first name? (shrug)

What's his first name? (shrug)

I just checked my phone. His last name is Dominelli. He's probably in his 50s. He said he's been into comics for years.

time to start buying again :baiting:

It is a continual process. Buy... then sell... buy... then sell. Just have to keep showing the wife that I make money each time and that I'm not attached to them.

My wife would never tell me to get rid of my comics, as a Latino man I guess our culture is different. well at least you got money for them.

Ive managed to shrink my collection by about 6 longboxes down to maybe 3 or 4 plus 2 short boxes of books I plan on selling.

It does feel good to get rid of the chaffe and start collecting books that I love and matter to me.

Have fun focusing your collection.

1500 comics is only about 5 long boxes, do you live in a really small apartment or something? that many comics can easily be tucked into the back of a closet. but if you didn't want them, that's cool.

anyone want to sell me a long box of just spiderman, x-men and wolverine books for like $30? i feel like i got cherrypicked out of most of my early 90's modern spideys when i did a yardsale a little while back and wound up selling comics for 50 cents each.