• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.8 Amazing Spider-Man # 122

23 posts in this topic

Could someone possibly think that an apparent 9.8 could be worth that ?

Well.... think in a Bizzaro World kind of way ? smirk.gifflamed.gif

Apparently. The worst notion is, is that that's $2311 that could've gone to honest dealers. Ah well, who needs 'em anyway. Maybe people are happy to throw their hard earned cash out the window. Yes, Bizzaro World indeed exists on ebay. "Me am happy book trimmed and color touched!! But I don't know what trimmed and color touched mean anyway! Don't care!! Have piles of useless money!! Use book now for target practice!!!"

A few months back, before I logged onto these boards, I had thought of purchasing a few items from comic-keys. Since they were raw books I E-mailed him first to see if he would offer a full refund if I CGCed the book and it came back restored. He said he would. Although the Private feedback always seemed a little fishy, considering he was a powerseller with so many positives I believed him.. and in a few cases lost out on some $3000+ books by just a couple of dollars.

After reading everything thats been said about him on these forums I would never consider buying a book from him again in the future. However, if someone on eBay who's never been to these boards received the same promise of a refund from him, there would seem to be no reason not to trust him. I think the reason the book got so high is that most people on eBay have not heard all the stories about him that are on these boards.

(Although I must say he somehow always seems to get higher prices on all of his books than anyone else on eBay.. sometimes I wonder if there is a little shilling involved)