• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beware! Seller name change on Ebay!

55 posts in this topic

I'm with Bonds......Darth you have double standards. 893naughty-thumb.gif

sorry.gif How exactly do I have double standards? Did I ever condemn anyone for overgrading? Or post a thread "Check here for fraudulent seller?" I try to stay away from controversial "calling-out" threads, and again I never endorsed cgc*comics for High grade CGC 9.8 and 9.9 books?

I just don't agree with buying from someone like like, just on principle alone. He flat out lies about the grades of the books and excessively keyword spams, so I wouldn't buy from him even if his books are the deals of the century. I don't believe that sellers like him should be rewarded for being dishonest and underhanded.

sorry.gif How exactly do I have double standards? Did I ever condemn anyone for overgrading? Or post a thread "Check here for fraudulent seller?" I try to stay away from controversial "calling-out" threads, and again I never endorsed cgc*comics for High grade CGC 9.8 and 9.9 books?

Stckwzrd spams......of that there is no doubt. Whether it is keyword spamming through ebay or whether somebody spams via the email.....it is spam. You report one but not the other. I would say that that is double standards.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't believe that sellers like him should be rewarded for being dishonest and underhanded.

Check my bidding...do I buy from him daily? I spoke up once to talk about his shipping low prices and you guys all make it seem that I buy from him enough to live off of? If you've really got it in for him, contact CBG to do another "masterful" smirk.gif expose like they pulled on ComicKeys...

Stckwzrd spams......of that there is no doubt. Whether it is keyword spamming through ebay or whether somebody spams via the email.....it is spam. You report one but not the other. I would say that that is double standards.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Semantics...I go pull up searches on low starting bids and stckwizard along with any seller who starts with less than $1 pops up...I went looking for this indirectly but at my volition. So technically stckwizard neever spammed/solicited me. If he continually did it to me on stuff I didn't want or collect on a daily basis even after outright denials of his product, then I'd report him.

The guy spammed me a book I wasn't interested in - I felt like reporting him at the time and I did. How do you know he hasn't done it to me before? I wouldn't ever report you guys for offering me something, or if it was something I collected and wanted from an unknown party.

so, not double standards in my book.

I might regret saying this, but I agree with Darth. I have bought from Stckwzrd on a couple of auctions. both were large quantity reader copies of issues I didn't have. It actually saved me time in buying them in smaller chunks. I wouldn't buy the single HG issues he offers, nor would I recommend his auctions to others. Like Darth said he is a very reasonable seller, he has even thrown in additional books for free.

CBG already did a small article on stckwizard, makepoint.gif he was using an empty CGC case with his raw book in it on his eBay auctions. the dude is a crook and is totally bad for the hobby! mad.gif i don't care how nice of a guy this person is, but he is totally misleading collectors and spamming his auctions! 893naughty-thumb.gif i think FF may have a pic or link to it somewhere in that cranium of his. grin.gif

Carl we all know that you are a stand up guy and of course how can we condemn someone that has Hello Kitty as their avatar?!?! tongue.gif I'm with bonds however on the fact that I think any support of a seller that purposely misrepresents his items is a bad choice. It is kind of like saying that it is okay to buy books from *comic-keys* as long as you know what you are getting into and bid accordingly while the sheep buy his unrestored solid NM books. frown.gif Ignorant collectors should use their common sense and utilize the mentatility of "it is is too good to be true, it probably is," but unfortunately they do not. These ebayers are flat out stupid IMO, but their ignorance does not make undisclosed restoration, misrepresented items, etc. right no matter what the auction price ends at. Dickwizard tries to justify his gross overgrading by falling back on the idea that his auctions end at $1 a piece and uses this as a valid excuse on why a buyer should be happy with whatever they receive!!! 893censored-thumb.gif The feedback he receives from a respected ebayer such as yourself is misleading to those that view his feedback and that my friend is sums it up for me. 893naughty-thumb.giftongue.gif

"I think any support of a seller that purposely misrepresents his items is a bad choice. It is kind of like saying that it is okay to buy books from *comic-keys* as long as you know what you are getting into and bid accordingly while the sheep buy his unrestored solid NM books."

In some ways I agree. I have bid on comic key's auctions before but I've never won confused-smiley-013.gif Sometimes I just want to find out for myself. I would have never thought to bid on stckwzrd's auctions until I saw the posts on here. And it didn't turn out so bad knowing what I was getting into so I just related my experience afterwards. You had probs with nochips and brought it on here. I went and bought from him to find out for myself and it turned out alright as well...

It's ironic but the reason I bought from stckwzrd initially is because of these forums 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and now I'm hooked and it all your faults! insane.gif so moral of the story: even negative advertising is still advertising...I don't go buying from every "purported scammer" reported on here but sometimes it is enticing enough for me to go and try to find out for myself...and in stack's case, I'm just byuying the book not the hype...

Isn't this a trademark violation for him to use CGC's name? It sure as Hell creates confusion as to the source of his books or a supposed affiliation between him and CGC.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but our buddy stckwzrd1@aol.com has changed his Ebay name - to cgc*comics!!! Oh, the irony is killing me... 27_laughing.gif

Steve, is this cool with you, that he takes that name? shocked.gif

And here's a snippet from the Board where I saw this news. One poster emailed stck and "Anyhow, part of his reply email goes on to say that (and I quote): "CGC gave our Live auction here a dealership along time ago. So our selling ways 30 years off line and 3 on line are top of the line grading or Steve B. would not have gotten the dealership for us."

Anybody know what the heck that's supposed to mean? Is he implying that he is somehow afiliated with CGC?"

???????

Of course cgc*comics is "not cool" with me or CGC. We will be talking to ebay about this.

Also, I have NEVER approved anyone for dealership based on their grading skills, he is a submitter/dealer like anyone else based on their application.