• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does any body know how valuable a CGC 9.8 JUDGE DREDD #1 is?

23 posts in this topic

Because I have a Eagle Comics Presents JUDGE DREDD #1 in CGC 9.8 that I'm thinking about selling some time in the near future, but I don't have a clue what it's current price range is? (shrug) I do know there are only 6 certified in 9.8, but that's it. Any help would would be great!

Hurm... I paid about $100 on ebay back in 08.

Not according to GPA - there are no sales of this book in 2008 (shrug)

I've actually caught a few times where GPA IS NOT recording all sales from its sources 100%.

Heritage had a sale of a Saga of the Swamp Thing 20 CGC 9.8 on February 22, 2009 for $71.70 with Buyer's Premium.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=19024&Lot_No=14691&src=pr

When someone was selling a copy on here recently and I checked GPA, this sale is not even recorded, and it shows multiple copies selling at $150. Isn't Heritage one of the sales venues that GPA uses as a data source?

Hurm... I paid about $100 on ebay back in 08.

Not according to GPA - there are no sales of this book in 2008 (shrug)

Check 2007, I may be wrong about 2008.

Since CGC don't slab 2000ADs, that there JD #1 is the next best thing. And with a gorgeous Bolland cover too. I'd love to pick one up one day, but I'm not buying at the mo (strapped for cash).
Yep! :grin: It's a REAL sweet copy too! The cover background is a firey RED! not that orenge color that's commen with this issue!

Since CGC don't slab 2000ADs, that there JD #1 is the next best thing. And with a gorgeous Bolland cover too. I'd love to pick one up one day, but I'm not buying at the mo (strapped for cash).

why is that?

j

Were those the large magazine-size British comics where Judge Dredd first started? I would think they could go in a magazine-size case.

Are these larger than your average magazine?

why is that?

j

Were those the large magazine-size British comics where Judge Dredd first started? I would think they could go in a magazine-size case.

Are these larger than your average magazine?

I asked about it when I first got here and Gemma has this to say:

The largest comic/magazine that we can grade would be measured at 8 1/2" by 11" or the same size as a standard sheet of paper, so if your comic measures even slightly more than this we will not be able to grade it. I believe that each copy we have had submitted to this point has been just slightly too large for us to be able to grade. Sorry if this is the case with your books, also.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Gemma Adel

CGC Customer Service Supervisor

Old 2000AD's are that bit wider than a typical magazine size.

That is a shame.

Do you have the early Judge Dredd issues? That is so cool if you do. Were they decent stories?

That is a shame.

Do you have the early Judge Dredd issues? That is so cool if you do. Were they decent stories?

First appeared in prog 2, and then every prog since. I have a couple of prog 2's (thumbs u

Were they decent stories? I should say so! Great black humour and action. From the very beginning the post apocalyptic society of Mega City One was used to satirise current events and society.

I'd quite like to acquire all the Eagle/Quality Comics 2000AD reprint #1's. I have this (Bolland again of course):

jdjcq1cgc98w.jpg

The ad on the back reminds me how cool it would be to get a slabbed Nemesis too. Kevin O'Neill was at the Bristol con. Would've loved to get a Nemesis sig series!:

jdjcq1cgc98wbk.jpg

Like many 30-something Brits, I grew up with 2000AD - reading every week from around 1979 (age 7) to 1994 (age 22). I used to stand on the window ledge waiting for it to be delivered. Many happy memories. I even got a drawing published in, I think, Prog 194 and won £3 postal order (and then bought an Action Man)

I now have around 50 super high grade copies from Prog 50 to 300. I wish I could grade them.

I used to some OA that I bought in the late 80s but unfortunately sold it to Silveracre for peanuts just prior to getting back into comics. Big regret.

2000AD is really undervalued.

Henry Flint Dredd OA from the 2007 Bristol Convention - costs me just £35 (since sold)

134_3469.jpg

A recent copy of Prog 3 (2nd Dredd) - I 'flound' on ebay in a larger lot. The mag next is an early 2000AD zine.

ebay007.jpg

The 1st and 2nd issue of Tornado - which eventually merged with 2000AD. Guess who the super-hero is?

comics027.jpg

Great colour centre-spread by McMahon /Bolland from a 1978 convention booklet...

London78inner.jpg

Great colour centre-spread by McMahon /Bolland from a 1978 convention booklet...

London78inner.jpg

That is great! Dredd takes out Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Hulk, Cyclops, Batman, Flash, Red Sonja, The Thing, Superman, Spider-Man, Howard the Duck, Storm, and... hmm... Conan? And Bolland collaborating with McMahon :applause: