• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's Heroes Roadtrip with the CFP....(Photos)

372 posts in this topic

I've been lucky to have made friends, many friends, who share my love of comics. I have been especially lucky to have made a large number of such friends here in the central Florida area.

It has been great.

That I haven't gotten drunk with any of them has been irrelevant.

A pattern has developed in the Philly & Heroes threads. Part of that pattern has been this booze talk. It began with the ing thread & is continuing along this beautiful Florida morning.

It is gay.

The bonds of friendship are strengthened through debauchery.

For fun I follow this through numbnutz:

If you debauch your friend to strengthen your bonds then you might as well go on ahead and bugger them too.

Your logic. Just sayin'

My friend and I don't debauch each other; we debauch central Florida housewives, while their husbands are away on a Heroes journey.

That's kind of tacky, Andrew.

Wow. I had to edit my reply. My first one had the words "punch" and"face" in it. A line was crossed that I do not appreciate. Someone needs to introduce me to Andrew at the next con we attend together.

Are you a tough guy? Is this supposed to intimidate me?

I've been here for almost 7 years, and I respect and appreciate this place more than most. A simple PM stating that you weren't happy with the comment would have gotten you an apology, and I even would have deleted my comment.

I'm not an unreasonable person Joey, and I can certainly appreciate that you may not like my sense of humor. But if you're going to play tough guy and threaten me over something that was intended to be a joke, I can get very unreasonable very quickly.

If you so apt to fly off the handle over a little ball busting, and if you're unwilling to at least talk to me first when a misunderstanding arises, it's probably in both of our best interests that we don't meet at a con.

We will be in Chicago. meh

Meaning what?

Meaning they would like you to cross the border so that they can commit an indictable offense but they are unwilling to cross the border and come to Toronto to commit that indictable offense.

Seriously, if you have no sense of humour and you want to roleplay that you are a "Posse" perhaps you should consider where that macho fantasy might lead to.

I would suggest you bring your wife to the next con, let her kick COI in the nads to make you feel whole again. I'm sure all will enjoy the experience

Or we can all just lol and talk about funny books some more :sumo:

(shrug)

"We will be in Chicago" means "we will be in Chicago". Joe mentioned meeting at the next con they both attend. You are reading too far into this.

I can't believe that KoR is awake at 8:15. :o

I've been lucky to have made friends, many friends, who share my love of comics. I have been especially lucky to have made a large number of such friends here in the central Florida area.

It has been great.

A pattern has developed in the Philly & Heroes threads. Part of that pattern has been this booze talk. It began with the ing thread & is continuing along this beautiful Florida morning.

It is gay.

If you debauch your friend to strengthen your bonds then you might as well go on ahead and bugger them too.

Your logic. Just sayin'

My friend and I don't debauch each other; we debauch central Florida housewives, while their husbands are away on a Heroes journey.

Wow. I had to edit my reply. My first one had the words "punch" and"face" in it. A line was crossed that I do not appreciate. Someone needs to introduce me to Andrew at the next con we attend together.

I've been here for almost 7 years, and I respect and appreciate this place more than most. A simple PM stating that you weren't happy with the comment would have gotten you an apology, and I even would have deleted my comment.

I'm not an unreasonable person Joey, and I can certainly appreciate that you may not like my sense of humor. But if you're going to play tough guy and threaten me over something that was intended to be a joke, I can get very unreasonable very quickly.

If you so apt to fly off the handle over a little ball busting, and if you're unwilling to at least talk to me first when a misunderstanding arises, it's probably in both of our best interests that we don't meet at a con.

We will be in Chicago. meh

Meaning what?

Meaning they would like you to cross the border so that they can commit an indictable offense but they are unwilling to cross the border and come to Toronto to commit that indictable offense.

Seriously, if you have no sense of humour and you want to roleplay that you are a "Posse" perhaps you should consider where that macho fantasy might lead to.

I would suggest you bring your wife to the next con, let her kick COI in the nads to make you feel whole again. I'm sure all will enjoy the experience

Or we can all just lol and talk about funny books some more :sumo:

(shrug)

"We will be in Chicago" means "we will be in Chicago". Joe mentioned meeting at the next con they both attend. You are reading too far into this.

lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's 8:16 & I'm grading comics! :acclaim:

West

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's 8:16 & I'm grading comics! :acclaim:

West

Please don't spill any beer or drop any pizza slices on my books. :kidaround:

Oh, and I was awake before Tupenny every day at Heroes. :o

It has been great.

It is gay.

Your logic. Just sayin'

Andrew,

You crossed a line. If you want to bust on ME or any of the other members in this thread I have NO problem with that. Making comments about wives and children (as some have in the past) goes beyond poor taste.

If we can leave families out of this from this point forward I can admitt to flying off the handle and we can go back to having some fun (if Jive ever posts another picture).

The funny thing about all of this is that it wasn't really directed at you. I realize you're in central Florida, but that post was for Bill, who was challenging me to come up with a smart arse response. My "joke" was specifically written for him, as I figured he would understand and accept the spirit in which it was intended, and judging by his response to me, I would say he did. I wasn't thinking about you or George or Mike or anyone else when I made that comment. This is especially true in your case, as we haven't really exchanged posts and I would have no way of knowing where that line is for you. Everyone's is different.

There have been so many off color remarks in this thread; just look at the different comments about that girl dressed as Catwoman. I'm sure some people think those comments were over the line as well. Since you can never please everyone, I'm going to say the same thing to you that I said to Jim earlier when he expressed his opinion about my joke; I'm sorry if you were offended, but it isn't like there is some clearly defined line that I crossed. Everyone's threshold in regards to humor and "good taste" is different. Threats, on the other hand, are against clearly defined rules of conduct, both on this board and in the broader sense of a social contract.

So again, sorry if you were offended, but it really wasn't aimed at you. Let's just forget it so that George can continue with his thread.

He was just trying to be funny.

No biggie.

No malice.

Just goofy chat board stuff.

Where were you when I needed you.

:makepoint:

It has been great.

It is gay.

Your logic. Just sayin'

Andrew,

You crossed a line. If you want to bust on ME or any of the other members in this thread I have NO problem with that. Making comments about wives and children (as some have in the past) goes beyond poor taste.

If we can leave families out of this from this point forward I can admitt to flying off the handle and we can go back to having some fun (if Jive ever posts another picture).

The funny thing about all of this is that it wasn't really directed at you. I realize you're in central Florida, but that post was for Bill, who was challenging me to come up with a smart arse response. My "joke" was specifically written for him, as I figured he would understand and accept the spirit in which it was intended, and judging by his response to me, I would say he did. I wasn't thinking about you or George or Mike or anyone else when I made that comment. This is especially true in your case, as we haven't really exchanged posts and I would have no way of knowing where that line is for you. Everyone's is different.

There have been so many off color remarks in this thread; just look at the different comments about that girl dressed as Catwoman. I'm sure some people think those comments were over the line as well. Since you can never please everyone, I'm going to say the same thing to you that I said to Jim earlier when he expressed his opinion about my joke; I'm sorry if you were offended, but it isn't like there is some clearly defined line that I crossed. Everyone's threshold in regards to humor and "good taste" is different. Threats, on the other hand, are against clearly defined rules of conduct, both on this board and in the broader sense of a social contract.

So again, sorry if you were offended, but it really wasn't aimed at you. Let's just forget it so that George can continue with his thread.

Understood, and it is already water under the bridge. And thanks for the adult reply.

Wow, I just can't believe you guys went at it for so long, I went to work and came back, and the thread never got back on track,..hope it's back to pics soon..

Wow, I just can't believe you guys went at it for so long, I went to work and came back, and the thread never got back on track,..hope it's back to pics soon..

It really was a big misunderstanding. I had no idea of the banter he and Bill had going. So I did what I do second best. I put my foot in my mouth.

It really was a big misunderstanding. I had no idea of the banter he and Bill had going. So I did what I do second best. I put my foot in my mouth.

You left that open like a Seven/Eleven... too easy. :juggle:

I went through all the posts, it really doesn't seem like anybody really tried to do any offending.. on purpose, people just lost control..there is some posts that were immidiate after another, with rage almost...unintentional I assume...

I know. I typed and edited several things and decided discretion was the better part of valor.

:angel:

I know. I typed and edited several things and decided discretion was the better part of valor.

NOW you decide to edit your posts. doh!

NOW you decide to edit your posts. doh!

:roflmao: