• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My own Inker's Panel

3 posts in this topic

Thanks to Spencer Beck, I was able to pick up the Cover to Wolverine #62 (by Ron Garney) about a year ago. It was shot directly from Ron's pencils. At the time, Ron offered to ink the cover for me, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist, and so I kept the cover as it was originally published. Still, it got me thinking about what the cover would look like inked. I'm a believer in the power of the inker, and IMHO, it's the team that makes the work come alive. Sooooo, I decided to ask a number of inkers to try their hand. It's taken about a year, but the "hunt" has been fun. The results are posted below, and I think it's fascinating. Some interpretations are very close to the pencils, others are a bit more distinctive. I've been lucky enough to have the cover inked by (in alphabetical order); Danny Bulandi, Ernie Chan (who inked it overnight at SDCC!), John Dell, Jonathon Glapion, Jay Leisten, Bob McLeod (done by lightbox), Mark Morales, and Bill Reinhold (who used a wash, and it’s really cool)!! I'm really happy with the group and they were all great to deal with. I've also added a pass by Patrick Brower, owner of Challenger's Comics and Conversation in Chicago.

Here is the link:

http://cafurl.com?i=12825

It's really neat to see them all lined up. Feel free to comment and let me know who you think we should recommend to Ron for his next project.

Ron

The original pencils were so tight which means that the results will be rather similar. They all look good, but I am most impressed with the job that Bill Reinhold did. His wash technique is very nice.