• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I have a couple of friends at Comicbookrealm that are looking for him to., on deals that he has reneged on. Got their cash and they got the silent treatment. Gilberto Torres is the name he gave over there.

Wow, this looks like a much bigger scam that we had thought, and as you know, the number of verified scammees is always much lower than the actual amount taken. I can remember old Gilberto telling us about his ailing grandfather, his mounting medical bills, his family's financial problems, and with all due respect, I thought:

Who in their right mind would deal with this guy?

People in that kind of situation, if they are in any way ethically unsound, will always justify stealing the money because of their own hardships, especially if things get worse.

Some possible news:

GILBERTO TORRES IS FREE!

After 6 weeks in the hands of the paramilitaries, GILBERTO TORRES a regional leader of the Colombian oil workers union USO [unión Sindical Obrera] was freed on Sunday.

GILBERTO was kidnapped as he left his work on the OCENSA pipeline in Casanare. The OCENSA pipeline transports BP's oil from wells in the eastern Andes to the Caribbean port of Coveñas.

The paramilitary group AUC [united Self-Defence of Colombia] kept GILBERTO shackled a hole in the ground covered with barbed wire. They finally handed him over at midday last Sunday to a special commission comprising the International Red Cross, the Presidential Peace Commissioner and the People's Defender.

GILBERTO's disappearance had triggered a national strike by USO that originally lasted several days, and was restarted after another USO leader RAFAEL JAIMES was assassinated in Barrancabermeja. USO's stoppage only ended last Saturday when the union heard of GILBERTO's impending release. Union leaders spent last week in negotiations with the top executives of state oil corporation ECOPETROL demanding that management do more to protect the oil workers. Union President Hernando Hernández pledged USO to fight on to defend the human rights of its members.

http://www.colombiasolidarity.org.uk/content/view/260/54/

:insane:

Just getting up and around....and have seen that im apparently some dead weight..

PEP...thanks for defending me in my absence.

Truth be told life has been kicking me in the balls for some time now.......almost a full 2 months.

Sorry i wasnt able to get back with everyone.

Cloudofwit............your books are on the way...

I wasnt able to get them out till the 20th...i pm'd you my email addy.

any probs let me know.

Anyone else...ill get ahold of you in the next few days.

Vision is still a little blurry as the infection basically poisned my system for a full week before the doctors figured out what the hell was causing it.

Ive been in the hospital for a total of 4 times now in the last 2 months...and it hasnt been peaches and cream.

If i have to stay on the list so be it.

Its not the big a deal to me......the thing that is a big deal is i bought books from people willing to trust a newbie and i let them down.

For that i am sorry.

And will try to make good on those promises if the books are still in the possesion of those individuals if i am still able.

oh....and Universal...thanks...

Just getting up and around....and have seen that im apparently some dead weight..

Truth be told life has been kicking me in the balls for some time now.......almost a full 2 months.

any probs let me know.

Vision is still a little blurry as the infection basically poisned my system for a full week before the doctors figured out what the hell was causing it.

Ive been in the hospital for a total of 4 times now in the last 2 months...and it hasnt been peaches and cream.

Its not the big a deal to me......the thing that is a big deal is i bought books from people willing to trust a newbie and i let them down.

For that i am sorry.

And will try to make good on those promises if the books are still in the possesion of those individuals if i am still able.

Class act! :applause: Kudos to you for this post. I don't have a single thing to do with your business, but thought this was a good move.

As someone who has spent over 4 months in hospital last year, I know how much it can affect EVERY aspect of your life. We sometimes take for granted the little things. When a rather large challenge confronts us, it really puts life into perspective. It did for me at least! I am glad 2008 is over with! I look forward to a healthy, happy and hospital free 2009!

All the best in your recovery. Hopefully the parties involved will agree with my feelings on this post.

John 2c

Kree, sorry to hear about your medical mess. I know where you're coming from on this one, I've had pink eye TWICE this month! lol Seriously though, I'm glad you're getting the wind back in your sails, and I hope to see you around this board (and CPG) more often.

Ryan

Kree, sorry to hear about your medical mess. I know where you're coming from on this one, I've had pink eye TWICE this month! lol Seriously though, I'm glad you're getting the wind back in your sails, and I hope to see you around this board (and CPG) more often.

Ryan

thats gross dude wash ur hands :baiting:

any probs let me know.

For that i am sorry.

I received both your PM and package today. :thumbsup: Here's hoping you get well soon. I don't think you're on the list as cd4ever was informed about what was going on. greggy's "Don't forgive him" wasn't to be taken literally...if I may be so bold to speak for the Legend himself. It's a running theological tussle, tinged with humor, that he and cd4ever have had (or maybe it has to do with funny books, I'm not sure :whistle:).

Anyway, may you rest up and get fully recovered in '09. :smile:

Edited by cloudofwit

any probs let me know.

For that i am sorry.

I received both your PM and package today. :thumbsup: Here's hoping you get well soon. I don't think you're on the list as cd4ever was informed about what was going on. greggy's "Don't forgive him" wasn't to be taken literally...if I may be so bold to speak for the Legend himself. It's a running theological tussle, tinged with humor, that he and cd4ever have had (or maybe it has to do with funny books, I'm not sure :whistle:).

Anyway, may you rest up and get fully recovered in '09. :smile:

:wishluck:

Ryan

thats gross dude wash ur hands :baiting:

lol No its from these new contacts I was prescribed that are really not agreeing with me. Contrary to popular belief there are many ways to get pink eye other than getting the poops in your eye.

I have had lots of great deals - both as a buyer and seller - with mjacobs8, but just had to file a PayPAl dispute because I haven't received two slabs I paid for on December 19. Another buyer from that thread has done the same thing. Michael seems to have dropped off the boards and isn't even reading PMs. Does anyone know if he is ok? I find it very strange that I am having these problems as he has always been great to deal with in the past.

Mike

I think that we should put ComicSupply on the list. I guess he isn't around anymore, but he has probably scammed more people here than anyone else. He still owes me 11 Marvel Masterworks ($275) from a board sale last February.

Mike

Mike,

:foryou:

Russ's deals make no rhyme or reason. I too participated in his Marvel Masterworks sale back in February and bought 13 or 14 of them. I did receive mine on time with no hitch. That's what blows my mind. Why did I get mine and not Mike :screwy: I should be more thankful that I did see my order filled. Really sorry to hear that Mike. :sorry:

He had some bags and boards on back order for me and said that he would ship everything together. I guess if I had asked to have the books shipped right away I might have received them. Needless to say I haven't received the bags and boards either. Everything seemed to fall apart later on in the year.

Mike

Some good news here. After several e-mails Russell contacted on Oct 31 and said he would send the books. This means that I should have received them mid-November, which was recent enough that I was able to launch a dispute with my credit card company (even though the payment was made last February). I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Mike

Some good news here. After several e-mails Russell contacted on Oct 31 and said he would send the books. This means that I should have received them mid-November, which was recent enough that I was able to launch a dispute with my credit card company (even though the payment was made last February). I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck, Mike, hope it works out. :wishluck:

Answer is fairly simple.

Some people will buy from the devil if they are getting a deal (shrug)

Principles go out the window if they can score.

True...and to be completely honest there was more than ample evidence, and warnings, of Comicsupply's cycle of not meeting buyers orders before the current problems arose. While I can sympathize with anyone who is out money when making purchases in this hobby...I don't have much sympathy in this case since their money was at risk the minute they made their order...

Jim

I am still shocked that people try and do business with this azzhole. There is a simple solution.

Hotflips :banana:

Seriously, Jeff and Charles work so hard at customer satisfaction it makes me wonder why any board members go anywhere else. If you could find one person who they did not deliver the goods to, I would be surprised.

QFT Hotflips is awesome i got such a good deal on my last order that i will not buy a supply from aywhere else as long as they are in the biz.

Answer is fairly simple.

Some people will buy from the devil if they are getting a deal (shrug)

Principles go out the window if they can score.

True...and to be completely honest there was more than ample evidence, and warnings, of Comicsupply's cycle of not meeting buyers orders before the current problems arose.

And there were still people chiming in giving him the thumbs up endorsements 14 months ago.

I probably have the only mylars withing a 150 mile radius (you'll probably think I'm exaggerating) My LCS is a joke.

So as Nik might assume one would want to deal with the devil, for me that wasn't the case.

And keep in mind I wasn't too familiar with Hotflips 14 months ago.

Since then I have ordered from them (HF's) and was very pleased.

While I can sympathize with anyone who is out money when making purchases in this hobby...I don't have much sympathy in this case since their money was at risk the minute they made their order...

Jim

And one bag of Mylar wasn't an unreasonable gamble. Surely that would be OK. Right?

As far as Jim having difficulty displaying sympathy, NONE WAS ASKED by me.

I wouldn't bother anyone with my "one little bag of mylar" problem as it's no big deal compared to other deals gone wrong.

I only spoke up when someone thought that all had been set right with every past due transaction.

There's a lot of "opinions" on display lately.