• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

You hit the "I'll take it" you fricken pay for it.

Good for you! Unfortunately, being a non-payer is only about 1/3 of it.

How's the bike?

Not sure, got repossessed because I couldn't pay for it :banana:

:roflmao: Sweet Irony!

July 7th it should be done. And I will come back and say so.

I work all weekend, so I may not respond immediately, but I certainly will. Like I said nobody should be on the list unwarranted, and I don't hold grudges like that. I seriously doubt anyone will ever have another issue with Eric. Our past transactions were flawless, it's a shame this whole thing went south.

:applause:

You hit the "I'll take it" you fricken pay for it.

Good for you! Unfortunately, being a non-payer is only about 1/3 of it.

How's the bike?

Not sure, got repossessed because I couldn't pay for it :banana:

:lol:

July 7th it should be done. And I will come back and say so.

I work all weekend, so I may not respond immediately, but I certainly will. Like I said nobody should be on the list unwarranted, and I don't hold grudges like that. I seriously doubt anyone will ever have another issue with Eric. Our past transactions were flawless, it's a shame this whole thing went south.

:applause:

:applause: :applause:

Sucks to waste your time in this type of situation. I drove to buy a collection of Magic the Gathering cards off someone via a Craigslist type transaction about 6 weeks ago. My drive time round trip was 3 hours. The guy didn't even have the whole collection with him at the time and now wants me to meet up with him again to finalize some sort of deal.

What pissed me off is he wouldn't just sell me everything that he had brought with him and I could offer to buy the rest another time. Nope insisted he sells it as one collection. I even tried to get him to sell me just a handful of cards to cover my time and gas but nope. He insisted on letting me borrow the cards. Good thing is I got about $150 worth of cards to cover my time and gas, and if we don't complete the deal and I drive there again I will be deducting my time and gas from those cards.

On a side note my wife says Branget needs to be put on some sort of list so he is prohibited from selling me anymore Walking Dead goodies. Little does she know I plan to spend a lot more during the summer on stuff from him hopefully.

Commas and semicolons can be your friends. ;)

I also think we need a rule for sellers who refuse to sell a book after it's been taken with :takeit: if there isn't one already.

I'm just getting thru my 3rd time of a seller who will not sell me a book and I'm getting tired of just dropping it.

Am I the only one this happens to? It's not random people either, everyone would be shocked if I posted 2 of the 3 names. Pretty sure everyone knows the other that reneged on me.

I also think we need a rule for sellers who refuse to sell a book after it's been taken with :takeit: if there isn't one already.

I'm just getting thru my 3rd time of a seller who will not sell me a book and I'm getting tired of just dropping it.

Am I the only one this happens to? It's not random people either, everyone would be shocked if I posted 2 of the 3 names. Pretty sure everyone knows the other that reneged on me.

That's already a rule, and have at it! (thumbs u

I've been on here 5 years and made thousands of $'s worth of purchases and yet have never been put on this list. If my drunken can remain off this list, there is no reason why sober adults can't. You hit the "I'll take it" you fricken pay for it.
:sumo:

Really?

Hey Green. Believe me I am sympathetic on this point with you. Just curious, what reasons were given to you by the seller to justify his actions.

That was the most entertaining Thanksgiving of my life :grin:

Hey Green. Believe me I am sympathetic on this point with you. Just curious, what reasons were given to you by the seller to justify his actions.

Did they pull the books from the FOR SALE thread or refuse to sell to you specifically?

Did they pull the books from the FOR SALE thread or refuse to sell to you specifically?

I Was about to ask if they said the books were sold via PM or something like that or just a general FU to the buyer.

I refuse to sell to Green during basketball season, especially when NC is having an exceptionally good year. He just gets so obnoxious.

I refuse to sell to Green during basketball season, especially when NC is having an exceptionally good year. He just gets so obnoxious.

Is Green one of those NC nuts, or a Duke nut?

Did they have a reason???

Did they have a reason???

:popcorn:

I think it just had been a day without any probation posts, so he wanted to keep the thread hopping.

I had PMd Arch and he said when we get the Probation List Rules solidified he would make it a Sticky.

I've been silent for a bit here to think and also see any new input. Almost everything is pretty clear. A couple of main issues remain.

I'd like to get some take on the first issue before mixing it in with the others.

The question is, does the accuser have the right to insist someone remain on the PL after the transaction has ultimately been finalized through the PL process?

To me the purpose of the PL is two-fold:

1) To let people know about problem members with transactions to be completed

2) To to induce the finalization of an outstanding transaction.

I feel the removal from the PL after a transaction is finalized should be universally applied. I do not feel it should be used as a vehicle to express spite or anger against someone who makes good via the PL process.

If somneone is forced to permanently remain on the PL list after the transaction is made good, then there is no difference to them between being on the HOS and the PL.

Thoughts?

Green posted :takeit: ...?

:o

I have to see it to believe it.