• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Im putting this out there in front of all boardies. I am willing to do a partial refund of $10.00 to this gentlemen because I know he stats $15.00 but the site I found online for pressing says $10.00 for comics after 1980 which this qualifies for. But this payment will not be able to be sent until Wed, 10/17/2012 to the buyer.

But for those who want to say something about return policies, etc. It is always listed on my invoices as follows for all buyers and when invoice is paid I assume they took time to read the invoice, which includes this information before paying which evidently from the buyers on words, stating that he was not aware of this until the paypal dispute shows he did not read his invoice.

"Terms and conditions

Item is "AS IS" buyer has seen condition of books and agrees with conditioning prior to purchase. Item will be insured to be sure it arrives to customer in condition it left and to protect from any damage that could happen while in transit through USPS."

And for those who made comments about it being insured if it is over a $50.00 book. The item was insured but you can't do anything with postal insurance until you have images to provide to them which this buyer never did provide until this thread today.

I would never buy from this seller. Period. Bite me if you don't like it. :grin:

Yeah,

this is one of the biggest turn offs that you could ever show me as a buyer. It completely screams "i am in it for the money and screw you if you dont get what you want or thought"

I would expect this on eBay, but not here.

And the idea that every buyer who gets an item and doesnt like it (Cal immediately pops into mind) is because of buyers remorse is redonkulous!

I know for myself that if I buy something and wish I wouldnt have I understand it is my fault, not the sellers.

If there is an issue with grading etc then that is another issue.

But just because someone doesnt like the book doesnt automatically make it remorse.

And for those who made comments about it being insured if it is over a $50.00 book. The item was insured but you can't do anything with postal insurance until you have images to provide to them which this buyer never did provide until this thread today.

If the item was insured then why the heck didn't the recipient of the item do a claim if the item was damaged?

Sounds like a butthurt-a-thon going on here.

If the item was insured then why the heck didn't the recipient of the item do a claim if the item was damaged?

The recipient cannot file a claim. Only the sender can do so.

Arrgh, this is too much! Just give the dude a refund and remember to check the back of the comic next time. Or better yet, don't offer a grade if you're not ready to stand by it.

Edited by Speedy-D

Untrue. I have personally bought a box of slabs on these boards, had it arrive smashed, and filed the insurance claim as a recipient, and was awarded the claim.

Untrue. I have personally bought a box of slabs on these boards, had it arrive smashed, and filed the insurance claim as a recipient, and was awarded the claim.

Without the participation of the sender who was the purchaser of the insurance?

"Terms and conditions

Item is "AS IS" buyer has seen condition of books and agrees with conditioning prior to purchase.

A term and condition you completely invalidated when you claimed the book was 9.6/9.8 or better.

Also standing behind an "after the fact" disclaimer on on invoice sent only after you've made assertions as to grade to the contrary won't put you at the top of the "forumite of the year" balloting.

"Terms and conditions

Item is "AS IS" buyer has seen condition of books and agrees with conditioning prior to purchase.

A term and condition you completely invalidated when you claimed the book was 9.6/9.8 or better.

Also standing behind an "after the fact" disclaimer on on invoice sent only after you've made assertions as to grade to the contrary won't put you at the top of the "forumite of the year" balloting.

how about at the top of the "jackalope of the year" balloting? hm

...Or better yet, don't offer a grade if you're not ready to stand by it.

Yeah... and sadly, we've seen this pattern a number of times here. I think the temptation to get 9.6/9.8 pricing for HG-but-not-nosebleed-HG raws is just too great for some sellers.

Personally, I find it scary to guarantee raw books as 9.6/9.8 'locks', and try to err on the side of undergrading (even if it may mean leaving a few bucks on the table) rather than create a situation like this one.

:signfunny:

:roflmao:

I did have participation of the sender because it was YOU!

I mean you gave me the insurance number... Then i filed a claim through the internet and it was paid.

disclaimer: comix4fun & I had no butt-hurt-a-thon going on though our transaction! In fact he was a consummate gentleman and refunded me cash to go towards re-slabbing fees without even being asked to do so! :banana: Then I received full compensation for the claim i filed and gave it back to him! :foryou:

seriously though folks.

People seem to just get too miffed with each other when transactions go awry.

The butt-hurt-a-thon commences...

The guy paid. The comic was not as described, he should be due a refund (or at least a partial refund)

Be nice to each other! We have all had transactions gone bad.

If something is worth over $50 bucks insure it! If anything goes wrong claim the insurance!

Sellers should give refunds within reason.

Sometimes you just have to chalk up a deal to a loss.

It happens. (just ask cap freak and excelsior1976 who took my $ and then stiffed me)

Once a boardie sent me a comic that got a tape pull because he packed it in a mylite between 4-5 backing boards and it shattered the mylite and got tangled in the packing tape he sealed the cardboard sandwich with, and then erased himself from the PM when told the circumstances.

I let it go.

a $30 loss to me is a big deal.

As would a $50 loss be...

But it is not the end of the world. :D

Seller should accept the book back for a refund...its just good form BUT...

this was set up by the buyer from the start.

Hey...what is your opinion of the book grade

I think 9.6-9.8

Ok good if its 9.6 thats fine. Make sure its 9.6.

He brings up the grade then repeats in 3 more times to be sure. If I were the seller I would have been sure to say I cant promise that..its my opinion.

When you buy a raw book you can not be disapointed to get a book that may grade .2 less than you wanted. You want a 9.6 buy a graded book. I deal mainly with sports cards and the minute a buyer asks more than once if its gem mint and are there NO flaws I always say none that I can see...NM is as best as I would ever promise. Its one thing if the item is clearly overgraded but when you are talking about 2 back cover spine lines on a raw book...should have known better for both parties

i agree that both parties were semi at fault.

If you want a guaranteed grade, buy it in a slab.

If you want a guaranteed grade ask for a back cover scan.

it seems the seller is just cheesed off because he feels like the buyer is trying to get over on him.

The seller needs to realize his reputation on the boards and the right to buy and sell on the boards is more important than one comic book.

This can still be made right but to do so first the attitude needs to be withdrawn.

The seller should offer a half price refund on the book & let the buyer keep the book and chalk it up to a loss

OR the buyer should mail the book back to the seller (at his own cost) and accept a $50 refund for original purchase price of the book (even allowing the seller time to come up with the flow if he doesn't have it readily available)

In both cases the seller and buyer shoulder some of the responsibility for this compromise and hopefully everyone goes away satisfied.

Reputations are not besmirched and BOTH PARTICIPANTS can feel good about being part of the solution. :foryou:

wowo, I have replied more to this problem transaction than I did for my own in which excelsior1986 had me pay him $55 personal paypal and then did not deliver his artfully rendered recreation of Hulk 181 cover

IMG_1315.jpg

I hope you guys can work it out! :foryou:

:signfunny:

:roflmao:

I did have participation of the sender because it was YOU!

I mean you gave me the insurance number... Then i filed a claim through the internet and it was paid.

disclaimer: comix4fun & I had no butt-hurt-a-thon going on though our transaction! In fact he was a consummate gentleman and refunded me cash to go towards re-slabbing fees without even being asked to do so! :banana: Then I received full compensation for the claim i filed and gave it back to him! :foryou:

That only happens when everyone can put themselves in the other person's shoes. There's not much of that that goes on around here, sadly.

"Terms and conditions

Exactly. This is ridiculous that something so simple has taken such an enormous amount of time to resolve. The buyer should get his money back and send the book to the seller who can press it if he wants to. If the buyer was agreeable to the partial refund offered, it would be a different story. The suggestion that terms that weren't negotiated for in the transaction are valid sounds like something a shady debt collection agency or insurance company would argue but its neither factually nor legally appropriate. If the seller took the position that he examined the book and that it was not damaged this would be a more difficult dispute to resolve, but the seller argues that the book may have been damaged by the buyer and/or substituted for another book by the buyer not that he was without fault only that he may be without fault. For the record, I don't understand why the buyer is making such a big deal about this, anyone who reads the Probation forum is going to be discouraged from doing business with you in the future. Think of it like my Dad used to say, "you'll pick up on the merry-go-round what you lose on the swing." Is it really worth your reputation to prolong this dispute. I'm not saying that this is what happened in this instance, but I think it's instructive generally. Once I made the mistake of selling comics to someone who clearly didn't like me and they made a completely warrantless claim that certain raw comics were not NM/M. I feared that they were just trying to cause me grief and embarrass me, but it didn't matter. There was no utility in arguing about it. So I immediately offered to terminate the entire transaction and refund their money in exchange for a return of the items I sold. I didn't hear another word about it. I have no idea whether the comics got damaged in transit or by the buyer or if they were just trying to give me a headache, but as soon as I offered to return their money and indicated that I was cool with a refund, it was over. I never heard another word about it and I assume that they were happy with the books. I think sometimes people don't even want to go through the hassle of a refund, but just want the other party to acknowledge that they trust the buyer as much as the buyer trusted them when they purchased the book. I imagine that it you would have offered a refund that the buyer probably would have opted for a partial refund because they clearly wanted the comic to begin with. Even if the buyer did want a refund, all of the time you've spent arguing over this could have been used to list more comics here or on ebay, work on packing the items you sold or spent in a more enjoyable or productive manner. The buyer may not always be right, but usually if you treat them like they are always right the will stay you customer. Loyalty will make you considerably more money in the long run that fighting about disputes like this one. That's my 2 Cents.