• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I can only begin to imagine what % of this board you have on ignore for the slightest petty perceived slights (yet read their posts anyways) but then get on your high horse about selling to PL members because you dont think they were guilty of anything.

Hypocrisy, its whats for breakfast! :popcorn:

Sufunk...part of the reason you're on ignore...and have gotten multiple strikes...is because you speak before you think...like you're doing now.

And your Great Board FDQ "Exit" of 2011 was hardly "slight", "petty", or "perceived"...

Come on, now. Don't be Sufunk again. You can do it, buddy!

lol

You better watch it. You're one step away from Phil's Parking Lot, Mister!

:mad:

Maybe I'm laughing witcha.. hm

Laughing at witches is frowned upon.

They funny lookin'! :shrug:

Zatanna!

Bosoms!

They'll get you into trouble.

I can only begin to imagine what % of this board you have on ignore for the slightest petty perceived slights (yet read their posts anyways) but then get on your high horse about selling to PL members because you dont think they were guilty of anything.

Sufunk...part of the reason you're on ignore...and have gotten multiple strikes...is because you speak before you think...like you're doing now.

And your Great Board FDQ "Exit" of 2011 was hardly "slight", "petty", or "perceived"...

lol

Zatanna!

Bosoms!

They'll get you into trouble.

Only if they're purple and being punched.

The guy laughing hysterically at you?!? :roflmao:

Whatever dude, enjoy your butthurt and obsessing for 2 more months over a X-men 248 :facepalm:

Sufunk...buddy...don't be Sufunk again. You can do it, man! The only thing holding you back is you! You CAN achieve your dreams! Ask not what your country can do for you! Four score and seven years ago!

I worry about you, Suffy ol' chap. That's all.

:(

lol

That's it!

PHIL'S!

TEN MINUTES!!!

BRING BACK ISSUES!!!!

:sumo:

Ten minutes is UP, Speedy! You best have brought some AWESOME Flash issues!

lol

Samantha wasn't.

She was gorgeous.

Indeed she was.

montgomery-funny.jpg

lol

That's it!

PHIL'S!

TEN MINUTES!!!

BRING BACK ISSUES!!!!

:ohnoez:

:lol:

I once saw a monkey vomit into it's hand and then eat it at the Bronx Zoo.

It ate it's entire hand ? :eek:

"That monkeys crazy ! " - Brian Fellows

He meant it in an "Weird Al" Yankovic way.

lol

That's it!

PHIL'S!

TEN MINUTES!!!

BRING BACK ISSUES!!!!

:ohnoez:

WELL? DID YOU BRING ANYTHING??

I'm hoping for some of the Neal Adams/GL issues, plus some killer GA Flash crossovers.

:popcorn:

Would selling a book you dont own fall under the catagory of

"b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions."

?

Good question. The rules do use the example of "selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package", which would seem in the end to be very close to the same thing-- taking money with the intent to ship nothing, or theft, to use a simpler term.

Idk... my 2c is that how is it any different than say a pre sale (granted at least on a pre sale they admit they don't have the books and are taking orders to fill) Definitely Probation List worthy given the lack of disclosure (if he had said I am brokering a deal between you and another seller and I want $3300 for the book, and you'll get the book I don't know that there would have been an issue.) I know for myself, and I am sure others do this as well, sell books you have gotten on Comic link or books that are coming back from CGC graded before you actually have them in hand, but have paid for and are being shipped. Granted that since the OO popped in and said that the seller declined to purchase and then was offering that leads me to think that a) he was looking to scam and wanted pix to scam with or b) was looking to flip if someone would bite high enough (say OO wanted 3000, sell for 3300 and make 10% profit for next to no work, even better be out nothing because you use the buyers money to pay the OO. Id say PL with next to 0% chance of ever coming off since there is no way to make up for it.

Would selling a book you dont own fall under the catagory of

"b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions."

?

Good question. The rules do use the example of "selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package", which would seem in the end to be very close to the same thing-- taking money with the intent to ship nothing, or theft, to use a simpler term.

I dont think the faux-seller's intent was to send nothing.

I think the plan was

A) hey I can get this ASM 1 for a nice price, but I dont have the $$

B) if I "pre-sell" it on CGC and get the funds I can acquire the book.

C) then I ship it off to the final buyer and pocket the difference!

(he could have also not needed the funds and just been looking to secure a flipee so that he knew he wouldnt be "stuck" holding the ASM1.

I think it has some parallels to the "drop ship" fiasco with those 70s day glow posters, but in that case the "presell" was not happening on the boards, just the initial sale.

I actually sold a book to that seller a couple months back through Craigslist of all places and the transaction went smoothly. Interesting turn of events.