• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
20 20

36,203 posts in this topic

What I find interesting is that the warnings mention HOS/PL.

Maybe I'm just arguing symantics, but wouldn't having SC on the PL accomplish the same goal while keeping the integrity of the HOS for the big time offenders?

I'm not sure why you care so much? You obviously can still get your books from him, HoS or not. (shrug)

I can't find that thread, what was said to solicit this response?

A board member was working out a trade with him, not knowing he was in the HOS. So I made him aware of Solarcadet's status, but made it clear it was up to that board member to determine if they were going through with the trade.

Solarcadet then posted that statement, implying people are freely dealing with him no matter if he is in the HOS or not. And that is surely their call.

And that's why the HoS and PL are jokes....as long as you have knuckleheads who don't care as long as they get their merch.

Maybe I'm just arguing symantics, but wouldn't having SC on the PL accomplish the same goal while keeping the integrity of the HOS for the big time offenders?

I'm not sure why you care so much? You obviously can still get your books from him, HoS or not. (shrug)

I was wondering when you'd join us.

I realize he is your friend. Although his actions would leave me questioning what redeeming qualities he has other than comics to trade, it is a personal call.

But the forum already went through why the HOS for Solarcadet, including lying about his father's death as part of a transaction. Then openly stating he lied to make someone feel bad. His actions are off-and-on unstable, but also involve transactions.

No. The PL is for people who can complete transaction or in some way, make the transaction they had go wrong, right.

SC1 can't be placed on the PL until he screws up a transaction - although anyone doing business with him aready knows he is in the HoS and shouldn't complain if something ever does go wrong.

-slym

No. The PL is for people who can complete transaction or in some way, make the transaction they had go wrong, right.

SC1 can't be placed on the PL until he screws up a transaction - although anyone doing business with him aready knows he is in the HoS and shouldn't complain if something ever does go wrong.

-slym

Someone at some point mentioned a PL offender with no way to fulfil a transaction, if a book was no longer in their possession or whatever, could get off the list by somehow proving they want and can prove they're ability to be a productive member.

How I'm not sure.

I still don't know why the poll was started to get him out of the hall? Did I miss the pages of discussions where multiple boardies felt he shouldn't be in the H.O.S.? Or are we just going to start random polls every few weeks to remove everyone from the H.O.S. People say the H.O.S. is a joke, and as long as people buy and sell to those on the list it is. It's also a joke as long as polls are started to remove people from the list when there was no public outcry for the person's removal in the first place.

I can't find that thread, what was said to solicit this response?

A board member was working out a trade with him, not knowing he was in the HOS. So I made him aware of Solarcadet's status, but made it clear it was up to that board member to determine if they were going through with the trade.

Solarcadet then posted that statement, implying people are freely dealing with him no matter if he is in the HOS or not. And that is surely their call.

And that's why the HoS and PL are jokes....as long as you have knuckleheads who don't care as long as they get their merch.

I believe the other forumite didn't even know Solarcadet was a HOS member until he was made aware of it.

But I get the point. In certain cases, having a goal of a collectible seems to override community when someone wants what they want.

Have I overstepped my bounds?

There was no public outcry when the poll was started to remove Menace, so I thought starting a poll was something I could do. It was even suggested by Logan several times.

If I've done something wrong in the process I'll delete the poll.

-slym

Someone at some point mentioned a PL offender with no way to fulfil a transaction, if a book was no longer in their possession or whatever, could get off the list by somehow proving they want and can prove they're ability to be a productive member.

How I'm not sure.

We'll cross that happy bridge when we come to it.

If there are any PLers out there who want to get off the list but don't know how, please, speak up!

I still don't know why the poll was started to get him out of the hall? Did I miss the pages of discussions where multiple boardies felt he shouldn't be in the H.O.S.? Or are we just going to start random polls every few weeks to remove everyone from the H.O.S. People say the H.O.S. is a joke, and as long as people buy and sell to those on the list it is. It's also a joke as long as polls are started to remove people from the list when there was no public outcry for the person's removal in the first place.

Seriously, what's the threshold on things like this. Can I start a poll to nominate Hado for the HoS for starting a poll to remove SC from the HoS? It would be stupid...but I could physically do so.

How I'm not sure.

To do that, someone has to care. Solarcadet made it clear he does not care.

Ive done 7 transactions and 3 trades so you have to ask yourself what does HOS accomplish... (shrug)

for me, nothing zzz

During his HOS recommendation:

keep it up laughing boy

zzz

im telling you keep posting. dont stop. your unemployed right? spend you job hunting time posting to me.

Mocking Caira's comment about someone that said they were going to shove a CGC book up his mom's butt.

keep it up laughing boy

zzz

im telling you keep posting. dont stop. your unemployed right? spend you job hunting time posting to me.

Your job must not require words, shift keys, the apostrophe key, or knowing the difference between "your" and "you're"...along with allowing you to be entirely devoid of shame.

Galaxy Note II does not have these you are correct. English is my 2nd language

This might be a good time to learn that before ripping on someone else for their life circumstances you should take inventory of your own problems.

Does "English is my second language" cover the "devoid of shame" part too?

have you asked your mom?

Sorry, making lunch for Mrs. Hado.

In a SC thread, a member posted a large font red warning about him being a HOS member, and it made me want to revisit the issue.

But earlier he bragged about doing transactions while on the HOS. Nobody then came back here wanting to reinforce why he is in the HOS.

Unfortunately, the mods deleted that part of the Copper Age thread.

CORRECTION: CCGmod0 left it as we had some PM discussions on the topic.

Ive done 7 transactions and 3 trades so you have to ask yourself what does HOS accomplish... (shrug)

for me, nothing zzz

And, honestly, that response is more revealing and more honest than anything I would expect from any faux-sincere apology or explanation he could post here, if he ever cared enough to do so.

This response and the lies he chose to tell, along with the circumstances that surrounded those lies, pulled back the bright mask of this Dorian Gray to reveal the rotten visage beneath the surface.

Someone who'd create such horrendous lies for such petty gains is minor transactions should never have those actions brushed under the rug or removed from the forefront of our minds.

The above quote is how he actually, honestly feels about it, why should we care about removing him more than he does?

I think HOS was overkill but it's a bit of a moot point, if he was on the PL it would dial it back to one person releasing him from the list rather than the community and we haven't even seen any evidence of fixing that.

I still believe the PL nom was never really vetted for butthurt but his actions during that & then before, during and after HOS vote are what the community has seen and judged him by. If he thinks he can peacock around while waiting for people to have a change of heart and forgive him, without him making any effort, he's mistaken.

I don't agree with people trying to judge your motive but I agree with joecgc's point that there's no real demand from others that this be re-done & his actions make it clear he cares little about how he is perceived.

Sorry, making lunch for Mrs. Hado.

In a SC thread, a member posted a large font red warning about him being a HOS member, and it made me want to revisit the issue.

But earlier he bragged about doing transactions while on the HOS. Nobody then came back here wanting to reinforce why he is in the HOS.

Unfortunately, the mods deleted that part of the Copper Age thread.

CORRECTION: CCGmod0 left it as we had some PM discussions on the topic.

for me, nothing zzz

And, honestly, that response is more revealing and more honest than anything I would expect from any faux-sincere apology or explanation he could post here, if he ever cared enough to do so.

This response and the lies he chose to tell, along with the circumstances that surrounded those lies, pulled back the bright mask of this Dorian Gray to reveal the rotten visage beneath the surface.

Someone who'd create such horrendous lies for such petty gains is minor transactions should never have those actions brushed under the rug or removed from the forefront of our minds.

The above quote is how he actually, honestly feels about it, why should we care about removing him more than he does?

Amen to that!

He mocked the process, the people and the HOS situation. Where is the "Oh man, I am sorry. What was I thinking? I really want to make good on all this".

It's a continuous dismissal of everything, while he openly and quietly does his book deals.

I think HOS was overkill but it's a bit of a moot point, if he was on the PL it would dial it back to one person releasing him from the list rather than the community and we haven't even seen any evidence of fixing that.

I still believe the PL nom was never really vetted for butthurt but his actions during that & then before, during and after HOS vote are what the community has seen and judged him by. If he thinks he can peacock around while waiting for people to have a change of heart and forgive him, without him making any effort, he's mistaken.

I don't agree with people trying to judge your motive but I agree with joecgc's point that there's no real demand from others that this be re-done & his actions make it clear he cares little about how he is perceived.

Well said.

There was no public outcry when the poll was started to remove Menace, so I thought starting a poll was something I could do. It was even suggested by Logan several times.

You must not have been paying attention during the Menace situation, there was public outcry as the poll to put him in was going on. Serious public outcry for Menace to not be on the list.

And here, we have a poll started for somebody, who absolutely nobody was standing up for, nor saying that he shouldn't be off the list.

How I'm not sure.

But there was a transaction to begin with. That's the difference here.

As I stated before, the community at large wanted to warn others here that SC1 has questionable behaviour, and enough of us said we wouldn't want to ever deal with him at all due to his bahaviour, hence the HoS nomination.

-slym

You must not have been paying attention during the Menace situation, there was public outcry as the poll to put him in was going on. Serious public outcry for Menace to not be on the list.

And here, we have a poll started for somebody, who absolutely nobody was standing up for, nor saying that he shouldn't be off the list.

Several people thought HOS was too harsh at the time of SC's nomination.

Well said.

If Solarcadet had even attempted to handle the recommendation in a reasonable way, though teased and mocked at times, maybe he would have landed on the PL and worked himself off. Though the father situation as part of a transaction just doesn't even enter into any picture of "reasonable".

With the lying about his father's death, mocking the people recommending his HOS status, mocking the HOS-PL process and having no care about even being on the list, he never helps himself.

That's why considering this "silly" is a stretch. Silly is all the mess he made for himself unnecessarily.