• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Also, you don't need to quote comix4fun...I already grossly understated & oversimplified solarcadet's actual infraction by saying:

he got added over a $30 deal gone wrong with a heated guy who backed out twice.

He'll be here soon.. :D

:o I've been profiled!!!

Accurately, but profiled nonetheless.

(worship)

:D

BTW since the Menace HOS (keep/remove) poll closes Jan 09 2014 07:29 AM & can be found here to vote !!!

The link below may give a bit of insight into the level of expectations he faced with at least one of his accusers. :eyeroll:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7329662#Post7329662

:whistle:

:facepalm: I like Ham's "Life goes on"... :D

Also, you don't need to quote comix4fun...I already grossly understated & oversimplified solarcadet's actual infraction by saying:

:cloud9:

bababooey even referred to you as "A GOLDEN GOD" or something to that effect. It was glorious to behold.

(worship)

(worship)

BTW since the Menace HOS (keep/remove) poll closes Jan 09 2014 07:29 AM & can be found here to vote !!!

The link below may give a bit of insight into the level of expectations he faced with at least one of his accusers. :eyeroll:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7329662#Post7329662

To be fair, I can understand his disappointment. I don't know if I would have voiced it publicly though. I am not sure what he sent his SS but I hope it wasn't his broken leftovers.

I am not saying it's what happened in this case, since I don't know the SS, the damage to the slab, or the circumstances in this instance, however, the negative reaction he's getting to voicing his complaint is exactly what some people count on in order to "get the better end" of these types of situations.

There has to be a way to voice that displeasure. I usually use a PM, and notify the organizers of the thread (charity, holiday, etc) so that they know someone's trying to "game" a thread that's supposed to be about giving.

I've seen boardies rake in hundreds of dollars worth of items on gift exchanges and raffles while giving up little to nothing of value on their end. But people are expected to smile and swallow that sour eggnog in silence or they are hit with serious negative feedback of their own for calling the people out.

I have had boardies "donate" books to a charity thread on the boards, relatively expensive raw modern books, that they then proceeded to ship halfway around the world in an envelope without even a backing board to protect the book.

Now it's for charity, right? So I am not supposed to say anything, right? Not supposed to bring up that, in order to save $10, a boardie (using the charity thread as cover) sticks it in and breaks it off? These are the same people that troll charity threads looking for "good deals" to personally profit off of while giving back little.

So, I agree with the sentiment of wording any feedback about a situation like this carefully, but I don't agree with anyone that intimates that it's required to give a 4 star review to this type of mess sandwich.

bababooey even referred to you as "A GOLDEN GOD" or something to that effect. It was glorious to behold.

(worship)

The interactions I have had with Bababooey are proof positive that people can hold different opinions on many different topics and still deal with each other with respect and admiration, even on the interwebs.

(worship)

To be fair, I can understand his disappointment. I don't know if I would have voiced it publicly though. I am not sure what he sent his SS but I hope it wasn't his broken leftovers.

I am not saying it's what happened in this case, since I don't know the SS, the damage to the slab, or the circumstances in this instance, however, the negative reaction he's getting to voicing his complaint is exactly what some people count on in order to "get the better end" of these types of situations.

There has to be a way to voice that displeasure. I usually use a PM, and notify the organizers of the thread (charity, holiday, etc) so that they know someone's trying to "game" a thread that's supposed to be about giving.

I've seen boardies rake in hundreds of dollars worth of items on gift exchanges and raffles while giving up little to nothing of value on their end. But people are expected to smile and swallow that sour eggnog in silence or they are hit with serious negative feedback of their own for calling the people out.

I have had boardies "donate" books to a charity thread on the boards, relatively expensive raw modern books, that they then proceeded to ship halfway around the world in an envelope without even a backing board to protect the book.

Now it's for charity, right? So I am not supposed to say anything, right? Not supposed to bring up that, in order to save $10, a boardie (using the charity thread as cover) sticks it in and breaks it off? These are the same people that troll charity threads looking for "good deals" to personally profit off of while giving back little.

So, I agree with the sentiment of wording any feedback about a situation like this carefully, but I don't agree with anyone that intimates that it's required to give a 4 star review to this type of mess sandwich.

Fair enough. But would you agree that it lacked a certain level of tact?

A one sentence "my gift came with a cracked case"... seriously? This great, positive thing and that's your complaint. I guess like you said - PM the organizer and the sender. But to just write that one sentence and expect a public outcry of sympathy for you. :eyeroll: Don't cry for me Argentina comes to mind. 2c

(worship)

A one sentence "my gift came with a cracked case"... seriously? This great, positive thing and that's your complaint. I guess like you said - PM the organizer and the sender. But to just write that one sentence and expect a public outcry of sympathy for you. :eyeroll: Don't cry for me Argentina comes to mind. 2c

Oh yeah, I agree. I just don't want people jumping on him because he complained as much as HOW he complained.

This might have been a situation that his SS sent all he could and the value outweighed the crack, but I have seen many times over the years people dump their garbage on others in these situations counting on the "cover" that the spirit of the thread allows them.

I just didn't want people to think it's never ok to complain about something wrong, as long as it's done in the right way.

(worship)

Let me make sure I understand this,he is the person who was pushing the HOS vote? doh! He seems to be extraordinarily sensitive.

BTW, someone's post must have been moved from the wrong thread and lots of people are quoting the wrong header. Chris fixed it, so please check before replying to one of the wrong headers.

BTW, someone's post must have been moved from the wrong thread and lots of people are quoting the wrong header. Chris fixed it, so please check before replying to one of the wrong headers.

That is what happened. Some made a post in the HOS-PL area, and a mod moved it to this thread. I just realized you have had to fix this a few times now.

(worship)

Oh yeah, I agree. I just don't want people jumping on him because he complained as much as HOW he complained.

This might have been a situation that his SS sent all he could and the value outweighed the crack, but I have seen many times over the years people dump their garbage on others in these situations counting on the "cover" that the spirit of the thread allows them.

I just didn't want people to think it's never ok to complain about something wrong, as long as it's done in the right way.

Some of that "garbage" might merely be different collecting habits. I might be thrilled with a coverless GA book (depending on the book)...while someone else would have tossed it...while you could give me a 9.8 modern and I'd be trying to figure out who else would like it so I wouldn't have to dust it;)

I've seen complaints where items were not received, but they are usually because of international shipping, not too many other issues.

Regarding the MightyJohn SS complaint.

If I had been his SS an gotten his "wish list" and I had something in my collection that matched his wants/loves but the slab had a small crack, I'd have sent it as a gift.

Maybe I would include a little "sorry the slab has a crack but I thought you'd love the book" note...

Secret Santa has a $15 floor. A slab, even one with a crack, exceeds that.

Now if the book DIDN'T line up with TMJ's want list... Then yeah it looks more like a "use SS to dump stuff you can't sell" move.

I did enjoy gift guardians response to it al :)

(worship)

Some of that "garbage" might merely be different collecting habits. I might be thrilled with a coverless GA book (depending on the book)...while someone else would have tossed it...while you could give me a 9.8 modern and I'd be trying to figure out who else would like it so I wouldn't have to dust it;)

I've seen complaints where items were not received, but they are usually because of international shipping, not too many other issues.

Most people are great, other people won't raise their gaze above their own navel regardless of "Holiday Exchange" or "Save Ferris" types of threads. It's just in their nature.

(worship)

Most people are great, other people won't raise their gaze above their own navel regardless of "Holiday Exchange" or "Save Ferris" types of threads. It's just in their nature.

Yes, most people are great...people who never post will pitch in during an emergency, it's unbelievably touching. Some people are only interested in what they can do for themselves, but certainly that's not the majority here.

Shipping a slab is expensive, unless you put stamps on it;) I was tempted to suggest starting a thread asking for contributions of $1.00 each so it could be re-holdered, but I slapped myself;)

(worship)

Yes, most people are great...people who never post will pitch in during an emergency, it's unbelievably touching. Some people are only interested in what they can do for themselves, but certainly that's not the majority here.

Shipping a slab is expensive, unless you put stamps on it;) I was tempted to suggest starting a thread asking for contributions of $1.00 each so it could be re-holdered, but I slapped myself;)

To me it came across as kind of selfish. (shrug) I didn't givve a rat's arse what I got back, it was more about the spirit of the whole exchange. He was very eager to nominate menace to the HOS and then this... I have him labeled as someone I would choose not to do business with.

This is getting to be ridiculous and offensive. I am tired of the same click on these boards ganging up and trashing new members when one of them gets upset. THIS HAS TO STOP!!! Everyone of these post are offensive and should be blocked and their posters hit with strikes. Why s nothing being done? It's no wonder the CGC boards have such a bad reputation among the collecting community.

(worship)

The interactions I have had with Bababooey are proof positive that people can hold different opinions on many different topics and still deal with each other with respect and admiration, even on the interwebs.

:blush::foryou:

v4DDMJg.gif

This is getting to be ridiculous and offensive. I am tired of the same click on these boards ganging up and trashing new members when one of them gets upset. THIS HAS TO STOP!!! Everyone of these post are offensive and should be blocked and their posters hit with strikes. Why s nothing being done? It's no wonder the CGC boards have such a bad reputation among the collecting community.

:hi:

(worship)

:blush::foryou:

v4DDMJg.gif

gatsby-raise-you-glass_zps9d72d051.gif