• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I agree the situation was handled poorly to say the least.

Moving forward, maybe members who frequent this area should police the conversation, and keep it a discussion, rather than a memefest. So the boardie in question doesn't feel like they're being attacked.

This has been a very positive few pages but I'm even feeling overwhelmed being alone on one point of view.

As you should. You are putting in more effort than SolarCadet. Why bother? He requested to be in the HOS. Why not leave it be?

Now just to make sure I have my timeline correct,

The reason he was nominated in the first place was for changing a deal after someone posted the takeit guy, adding $15 shipping.

Then the stuff about his father came to light during the nomination process. So the boardmember involved (sorry I don't know who it was) didn't nominate him for what people say was his worst transgression.

Actually I was the one who put together the poll and nomination. All of the information, including the faking his fathers death was part of my nomination. Let me dig it out and Ill edit this post.

Thanks, I thought the buyer who was unhappy about the deal changing nominated him.

What I find interesting is that the warnings mention HOS/PL.

Maybe I'm just arguing symantics, but wouldn't having SC on the PL accomplish the same goal while keeping the integrity of the HOS for the big time offenders?

I'm not sure why you care so much? You obviously can still get your books from him, HoS or not. (shrug)

I still don't know why the poll was started to get him out of the hall? Did I miss the pages of discussions where multiple boardies felt he shouldn't be in the H.O.S.? Or are we just going to start random polls every few weeks to remove everyone from the H.O.S. People say the H.O.S. is a joke, and as long as people buy and sell to those on the list it is. It's also a joke as long as polls are started to remove people from the list when there was no public outcry for the person's removal in the first place.

SolarCadet requested to be in the HOS (or dared us to place him there) and should not be removed until he requests it via an apology.

And with about 10 more people with proof he has done good business and certainly changed any doubters that he will not scam or shill anyone

The apology would suffice for removal from the HOS. Anyone wronged in a transaction can nominate him for the PL.

Didn't see him say he was dropping it (shrug):sorry:

Let's see where this goes. But count on all the comments he has made during and after the HOS recommendation will come along for the ride.

Hado seems to be doing all the questioning for Solarcadet, where with Menace he made it clear he felt the wrong decision had been made leading to people backing him.

Where is Solarcadet right now in this?

Maybe I'm just arguing symantics, but wouldn't having SC on the PL accomplish the same goal while keeping the integrity of the HOS for the big time offenders?

I'm not sure why you care so much? You obviously can still get your books from him, HoS or not. (shrug)

I still don't know why the poll was started to get him out of the hall? Did I miss the pages of discussions where multiple boardies felt he shouldn't be in the H.O.S.? Or are we just going to start random polls every few weeks to remove everyone from the H.O.S. People say the H.O.S. is a joke, and as long as people buy and sell to those on the list it is. It's also a joke as long as polls are started to remove people from the list when there was no public outcry for the person's removal in the first place.

SolarCadet requested to be in the HOS (or dared us to place him there) and should not be removed until he requests it via an apology.

And with about 10 more people with proof he has done good business and certainly changed any doubters that he will not scam or shill anyone

The apology would suffice for removal from the HOS. Anyone wronged in a transaction can nominate him for the PL.

Wha? Either he belongs in the HoS or he doesn't. What difference does it make if he posts an apology?

Wha? Either he belongs in the HoS or he doesn't. What difference does it make if he posts an apology?

No. This wasn't something where he says "I'm sorry" and he is off of any list. His dismissal of everything has shown right now he is not to be trusted, along with LYING ABOUT HIS FATHER DYING DURING A TRANSACTION.

How does someone say "My bad about lying. Not sure what happened there" and be taken serious??!!

Where is Solarcadet right now in this?

I have been thinking that the whole afternoon here, just not saying it.

But to answer the question, he isn't here because he doesn't care. That's not a person I feel comfortable either giving money to, or receiving money from.

-slym

Nahhh - my dad isn't dead; I was just kidding ya

right on Bill! You are A-OK in my book (thumbs u

Show some of the 10.0 Love sometime I would really like to see a whole bunch of them together....

and again a big shout to MsSmidt for dogging my Superman #233 CGC 4.5

My dad bought it for me in 1982 and its symbolizes the son father bond we had now that he died from exposure to Agent orange in Vietnam serving our country :sorry:

I thought your dad was dead? ???

no not yet just said that to make him feel bad. but seriously, my dad is sick he will have a 4th major surgery this coming month. talking bs aboiut comics is great bonding as he is in texas and im in LA

ill submit it and if gets CGC'ed you reimburse but if CGC rejects i offer it back

just a friendly wager...

its a silly book of no value

What I like was the blase attitude when called out on lying about his father - "nah, that was just to make him [the CGC board member] feel bad."

Some joke, eh?

:/

-slym

Anyone that would lie about having a dead parent from cancer caused from the Vietnam War is a low life. As said by others, it is disrespectful to war veterans and those suffering from real cancer and we have members on the boards from both of those categories. Flaunting his disdain for the rules of this board and personally insulting Slym was just another example of classiness. I wish there was a way to not only block him from ever selling but also being on the board as a whole. We do not need people like him here, for any reason.

Nahhh - my dad isn't dead; I was just kidding ya

sorry guys to keep you waiting...

been on phone all evening my dad is very sick with cancer

anyways, Joecgcmaniac claims its not real.... :blahblah:

i offer the friendly wager that I get it CGC'ed and he pays the processing and if I dont I will gladly paypal the same to him (thumbs u

wouldn't that be more entertaining than just showing the book gallery online...

worse case scenario is i'm wrong and Joe makes $40 :acclaim:

Everyone wants it to be fake, but deep down dont you really want it to be real and see me get a free CGC'ed embossed Man of Steel #1?

are you not entertained? :headbang:

:facepalm:

No, entertaining would be you posting a link to the book gallery.

Why would I ever trust you with $40? :screwy:

Sorry to hear your dad is battling cancer. One question though. You posted this just about 2 months ago.

right on Bill! You are A-OK in my book (thumbs u

Show some of the 10.0 Love sometime I would really like to see a whole bunch of them together....

and again a big shout to MsSmidt for dogging my Superman #233 CGC 4.5

My dad bought it for me in 1982 and its symbolizes the son father bond we had now that he died from exposure to Agent orange in Vietnam serving our country :sorry:

I thought your dad was dead? ???

no not yet just said that to make him feel bad. but seriously, my dad is sick he will have a 4th major surgery this coming month. talking bs aboiut comics is great bonding as he is in texas and im in LA

ill submit it and if gets CGC'ed you reimburse but if CGC rejects i offer it back

just a friendly wager...

its a silly book of no value

Man, that was a tough thread to sort through due to all the posting back and forth and misquotes.

Anyone that would lie about having a dead parent from cancer caused from the Vietnam War is a low life. As said by others, it is disrespectful to war veterans and those suffering from real cancer and we have members on the boards from both of those categories. Flaunting his disdain for the rules of this board and personally insulting Slym was just another example of classiness. I wish there was a way to not only block him from ever selling but also being on the board as a whole. We do not need people like him here, for any reason.

Hate to say it, but you are so right.

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in lol

My joke about good ole dad died was my black humor. I wasnt hiding it.

i made a bad transaction on an item and tried to make right after and he politley declined.

The lynchmob jumped all over me and began the battle of shaking and HOS voting.

I have met alot of great and insightful people that have helped me in achieving my foreign collection.

My humor is black, salty, and Texan. My friends over in the foreign section can attest to that.

I also give props to Slym2none for being the only former lynchmob to post non-aggressive and attacking posts in my own threads.

Also, keeping me on the HOS kinda dilutes the effectiveness as i never ripped off anyone. Im not a dealer and all my sales and deals are private...it prevents JoeCGCManiac from jumping in every 5 minutes....

I apologize to anyone who feels offended and i will abide to the forum rules....

Go BRONCOS!

Hado pulled you back in. So let's keep that story straight.

Which I apologized for. I think it took a lot to apologize wether you accept it or not.

My joke about good ole dad died was my black humor. I wasnt hiding it.

I don't think you admitted to it until joecgcmaniac caught this, and pointed it out. So when you say you were not hiding it, what does that mean?

Hado pulled you back in. So let's keep that story straight.

Which I apologized for. I think it took a lot to apologize wether you accept it or not.

Do you mean your apology or solarcadet's?