• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So if we operate on the basis that since the buyer could have changed their mind when the book was in hand and could have returned it, then every single member who is on the PL for not following through on a transaction should be removed.

Was that the case? Did the seller state he would accept returns?

Most sellers won't take returns on 3rd party graded books.

The stain was mentioned in the original sales thread...

Anyway here are pre-slabbed pictures. Book is un-pressed. Not sure if a press will improve it or not. Nothing obvious in the pics

The only thing that stands out to me is the bottom spine corner, visible from the back cover only. Is that a bend, a stain, or just a trick of the light?

to which Dan responded...

Thanks everyone.

I think the bottom back corner is just an odd light

Later Bob bought the notes and they stated that it was in fact a stain and that it was across the entire book.

That would scare the snot out of me too.

It could be that CGC has some culpability in the fact that this sale is being disputed.

It doesn't appear that the stain is that big of a deal. But the wording of their notes makes it sound like a much bigger problem than it really is.

Anyway here are pre-slabbed pictures. Book is un-pressed. Not sure if a press will improve it or not. Nothing obvious in the pics

The only thing that stands out to me is the bottom spine corner, visible from the back cover only. Is that a bend, a stain, or just a trick of the light?

Thanks everyone.

Later Bob bought the notes and they stated that it was in fact a stain and that it was across the entire book.

This is a different story.

So if we operate on the basis that since the buyer could have changed their mind when the book was in hand and could have returned it, then every single member who is on the PL for not following through on a transaction should be removed.

I was referring to the flawed logic being presented by another member.

Thanks everyone.

This pic is just for Mike... he knows what it means ;)

1331849490_1_zps44c6fbcc.jpg

:grin:

Thanks everyone.

This pic is just for Mike... he knows what it means ;)

1331849490_1_zps44c6fbcc.jpg

:grin:

:lol:

I was referring to the flawed logic being presented by another member.

(thumbs u

Man, he agreed to a deal, then tried to change it a couple times, then backed out and said "Do what you gotta do," then blamed it on graders' notes...that reeks of buyer's remorse. I don't think I've ever seen so much defense of this position before in a PL dispute where the defendant hasn't even spoken up yet. So what if it's expensive? If you're the nervous sort, caveat the :takeit: and hope for the best. And if knowing that CGC gave it an 8.0 isn't enough for you, again, caveat the :takeit:. :shrug:

Although, he is a close personal friend of Casey's. I suppose that should count as a Get Outta Jail Free card... hm

I certainly hope that's not the case. It shouldn't matter who he is or who he knows, from what we know he made a deal and backed out.

Sometimes these discussions should be brought up by a neutral party and state the facts without any names revealed because bias seems to always cloud some folks positions

I'm really curious to see how this plays out.

I also agree with Eds statement.

Edited by jsilverjanet

Although, he is a close personal friend of Casey's. I suppose that should count as a Get Outta Jail Free card... hm

I certainly hope that's not the case. It shouldn't matter who he is or who he knows, from what we know he made a deal and backed out.

:gossip: Sometimes things mean the opposite of what they say. We call this sarcasm, or facetiousness.

:gossip: Sometimes things mean the opposite of what they say. We call this sarcasm, or facetiousness.

My apologies.

I have seen some post defending the buyer, and it appears to be because of who he is.

Speedy you really should be more serious ;) and no I'm not flirting

As a seller this is one of the primary reason's I never question a return. You folks call it buyer's remorse, basically labeling the buyer as weak. Why would I ever want to label a customer that way? As to price being an issue, well Dan said it himself. Two previous potential buyers had flaked on him (why aren't they up for probation) and because of the "five figures" he wasn't going to let this buyer off the hook. Does that mean that if it was a $5 book he wouldn't take the time to report? Probably.

No slam against Dan because I certainly see his point. If he doesn't want to offer returns and the buyer said he would take it with no caveat the deal is essentially a done deal.

But the lack of leeway for the note situation really makes this a sticky deal all the way around. Good luck with sorting it all out.