• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

i am surprised anal isn't spooned

wait will i get a slap for the above sentence? hm

Depends on how many PMs I send to the mods.

Working on my 5th as we speak.

Is this the part where I call you by your first name, hump all your posts, make some passive agressive post about you and your gang

:foryou:

After seeing all the buttological jokes in this thread I actually thought I read "make some passive agressive post about you and your gaping". This makes Pov feel dirty. :blush::(

This makes Pov feel dirty. :blush::(

any soiling involved?

Front or back? :o

I hope the garden hose stayed in the shed...i hope all stayed away from the tool shed,really.

I cant see it on the tablet..but is it Beavis and Butthead ?

Much better response. .

too late, torches are lit, forks are pitched

Nothing worse than an out of work mob.....

Don't worry, some of us can hold grudges for a long, long time :grin:

any soiling involved?

I hope the garden hose stayed in the shed...i hope all stayed away from the tool shed,really.

A snippet I edited from Monty Python's "Two Sheds" skit. Does this link help?

any soiling involved?

A snippet I edited from Monty Python's "Two Sheds" skit. Does this link help?

Yesthank you lol brilliant.

Can I get an opinion from the group here, please?

I'll keep the other board members name out of it for the moment, but back in July, through PM, I came to an agreement with a fellow board member to sell an item. This person's money was tied up in another comics related business venture and asked if the deal could be made once his involvement finished up in mid-September. I said that was fine. Mid-September came and went and I messaged the member here through the boards, but he stopped responding. I attempted to contact him through another website he frequents as well as through Facebook. No response. After 4 weeks of not hearing from this person, I sent another message, letting him know that if I didn't hear from him at 5 PM on October 15th, I was moving on (I realize I shouldn't have let him out of the deal and should brought it here at that point). I never heard from this person. The night of October 15th, I listed the item on eBay and October 16th, this board member began bidding on the item! Still without contacting me in any way. So I blocked the board members bidding id on eBay. On October 20th, I finally received a message from this board member through Facebook, apologizing and asking to be able to bid on the item or still make the purchase. I told them that if they wanted to honor our original deal, I would cancel the auction but not until I received their payment. Never heard from the board member again. Yesterday I received a bid on my item from another bidder that through some detective work I determined was a friend of this board member bidding for them. I blocked this bidder. This morning the same bidder used another account to again try to bid on my item. Blocked and canceled his bid. So besides the fact that this board member didn't honor their word and reneged on our deal, this person now continues to mess with my eBay auction, potentially causing me to lose money.

I realize there is probably no way to make this a probationary case after I let him out of the deal here, but do I have any board action? Should I out the person in a forum here on the boards? Any advice or thoughts?

Thank you,

Josh

...this person now continues to mess with my eBay auction, potentially causing me to lose money.

I'm not following.

How is his bidding on your auction potentially causing you to lose money? I would have thought the opposite was true...more bidders usually means higher closing prices.

Much better response. .

too late, torches are lit, forks are pitched

Nothing worse than an out of work mob.....

Don't worry, some of us can hold grudges for a long, long time :grin:

The good thing is the last few pages of posts proves it's not the grudge-holders - it's everyone else.

:roflmao:

...this person now continues to mess with my eBay auction, potentially causing me to lose money.

I'm not following.

How is his bidding on your auction potentially causing you to lose money? I would have thought the opposite was true...more bidders usually means higher closing prices.

Well first of all, he's already causing me to loose money by reneging on our deal and having me turn to eBay to sell the item, resulting in fees that I wouldn't have had to pay if he had kept his word. Secondly, I'd loose money if he were to bid on it and potentially win for less than our agreed upon deal. And by bidding it up too quickly, I'm loosing out on potential bidders that may have driven up the price during the closing moments of the auction if the price was more appealing at that time.

Though, I'm surprised that is the part of the entire story you chose to focus on. No concerns about this person's actions?

I know it's not fun, and that person is someone who people would like to add to their private lists, but once you let them out of the deal, it's hard to figure out a way to put them on the probation list.

It seems like you have been nice to the other person and above board...them, not so much, but it's hard when we only hear one side of the story.

So unless you do want to just out them, I'd end the eBay listing, start over as they did ask to buy the item again. If they don't pay within 30 days (and I think that is way too long, personally) ...THEN out them and propose them for the list.

The other reason for ending the listing is that you've blocked 3 bidders. That might affect your ending price. I've never found that a high start discourages people from bidding, but I know I personally shy away from auctions with canceled bids. Then again I don't know what you are selling and we might have different experiences.

If the person reneges again, you have time to start a new eBay auction and you wouldn't be losing bidders who think that the canceled bids look 'fishy".

I'm sorry you are going through this, we've had too many inconsiderate people here lately.