• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

My 2c on this.

Trey sold a PGX book without revealing it.

Joey bought the book and received it in the slab.

Joey decided to remove the book from the slab to "enjoy at some future time".

After the subsequent issues regarding feedback etc already outlined, nominations for the PL begin. Trey nominates Joey and Joey nominates Trey.

Had Joey NOT taken the book out of the slab, had he returned it for a refund on the basis it was a PGX book THAT would be a valid case. But he accepted the book and unslabbed it for his own use.

Both sides here have some culpability.

This may be best served by Arch making a decision for strike(s) if he deems so.

(thumbs u

If being stupid enough to buy a book from Trey is enough fodder to add me to the PL feel free to do so.

I personally don't think either of you should be probated. You both knew it was a PGX book.

divad just added Trey to the Probation List.

Doesn't Trey have 72 hours to respond to his being nominated to the list ... to be actually placed on the list?

I think POV actually did work with everyone to put that rule in place. Hopefully he helps clarify what the suggested engagement is now.

Doesn't Trey have 72 hours to respond to his being nominated to the list ... to be actually placed on the list?

I think POV actually did work with everyone to put that rule in place. Hopefully he helps clarify what the suggested engagement is now.

I saw the PL updated already and changed it back.

I saw the PL updated already and changed it back.

:cloud9:

A dolphin of reason in a sea of uncertainty.

:foryou:

He lied about the book being a PGX book. Joey could have returned the book, but chose not make an issue out of it, as he has a childhood fondness for the book, until he was pressed for positive feedback.

Do you own a whitewash manufacturing company?

My 2c on this.

After the subsequent issues regarding feedback etc already outlined, nominations for the PL begin. Trey nominates Joey and Joey nominates Trey.

Had Joey NOT taken the book out of the slab, had he returned it for a refund on the basis it was a PGX book THAT would be a valid case. But he accepted the book and unslabbed it for his own use.

(thumbs u

If being stupid enough to buy a book from Trey is enough fodder to add me to the PL feel free to do so.

I personally don't think either of you should be probated. You both knew it was a PGX book.

Thank you, Richard, POV, Superman2006 and others.

I think the entire forum knew it was a PGX book. They certainly knew who and what Trey was.

I did.

Maybe the entire forum show go on the probation thread for not hitting the mod notify button as soon as the scans were posted.

God the law can be so silly.

For sakes, people. Puppies are starving, ditches need digging, babies need cooing and coddling and here the forums are traffic jammed on a PGX book.

It's simple, include the word PGX in the selling rules, this was learning experience and move on people.

Puppies are starving, ditches need digging, babies need cooing and coddling and here the forums are traffic jammed on a PGX book.

You forgot about dogs and cats living together.

A disaster of biblical proportions.

:baiting:

My 4 cents now.

The first rule of robotics The PL states:

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

That is the core and foundation of the PL.

There was no violation of that here on Trey's part. Trey offered a refund but it was the person nominating him for the PL, Joeypost, who voided that by unslabbing the book for his own use.

From the looks of things, both sides were being accepting of the situation until the feedback issue arose. It was only after THAT things apparently escalated and we see the PL nominations from both sides. Unfortunately half of the evidence was deleted by the Mods and I keep seeing things like "I think I saw this".

The PL is being used now as a tool for personal vengeance rather than enforcing the rules. That is NOT what it is for.

The first rule of the Selling Guidelines states:

Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

The Selling guidelines state the punishment for THAT, as outlined by Architect: It is:

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

Technically, if someone tries selling non-CGC slabs 3 times, they would get 3 strikes by Arch and be banned.

However, if the book is not disclosed in the ad as non-CGC, then Arch has nothing to go on and we need to pick it up from there.

I DO see the repeated selling of undisclosed non-CGC books as being an HOS violation.

Based on the standard 3 strikes and your'e banned rule, I feel if a seller offers undisclosed non-CGC books 3 times they go on the HOS.

Technically this follows the rule Arch setup.

However, to do that the book must not be accepted by the seller. In other words, the book must be kept in its case and returned. A full refund, including return postage must be made. Should the seller refuse, the buyer may submit them to the PL until restitution is made. However, that sale of the undisclosed non-CGC book will still count against them.

Do not underplay Joey's role in this. Until the feedback and subsequent issues came up this sale would have gone on without notice.

People who are getting up in arms about the nerve of Trey doing this should also feel offended by Joey supporting it. It is the same as someone damning Robo and also buying from him. And how many times have we gotten on someone's case for buying from Robo?

My 2c on this.

(thumbs u

Thank you, Richard, POV, Superman2006 and others.

I think the entire forum knew it was a PGX book. They certainly knew who and what Trey was.

I did.

Maybe the entire forum show go on the probation thread for not hitting the mod notify button as soon as the scans were posted.

God the law can be so silly.

For sakes, people. Puppies are starving, ditches need digging, babies need cooing and coddling and here the forums are traffic jammed on a PGX book.

It's simple, include the word PGX in the selling rules, this was learning experience and move on people.

Go hug a vibrating tree, hippie.

Go hug a vibrating tree, hippie.

Heading out to do just that. I'll hug a special one just for you.

Does your wife have new shoes yet?

:devil:

He lied about the book being a PGX book. Joey could have returned the book, but chose not make an issue out of it, as he has a childhood fondness for the book, until he was pressed for positive feedback.

Do you sell fertilizer?

Do you sell fertilizer?

I say we merge and hit the farm lands of America.

My 2c on this.

(thumbs u

Joey didn't know it was a PGX book until he opened the package. Trey knew it from the moment it was posted for sale.

Do you sell fertilizer?

I say we merge and hit the farm lands of America.

No thank you.

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

The DoR brings up a good point. Though I think if you break the rules three times selling PGX books on a CGC forum, you have other mental issues going on.

I was going to try a poll asking if attempting to sell a non CGC slabbed book, should be a probational offense (in the future), but once I started thinking about it (instead of digging the ditch I should be digging;) it got convoluted...

Should you go on the list if you TRY and sell a non CGC book?

Should you go on the list only if you are successful in selling one?

How many times does a new person get to ignore posts telling them they can't sell a non CGC slabbed book?

Should the person who BUYS a non CGC slabbed book, go on the list?

How do you get off this list?

Is the death penalty a viable option?

I think I gave myself a headache, so I'll let someone who is better at polls figure it out, there are those puppies and ditches to take care of;) :rulez:

My 2c on this.

(thumbs u

Joey didn't know it was a PGX book until he opened the package. Trey knew it from the moment it was posted for sale.

Assuming he didn't know (and I see some people "thinking that" he did know), he certainly knew when he opened the package. It does not sound like he was going to say anything about it until the whole feedback mess came up.