• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Report on Comicseekers Long Box

465 posts in this topic

try this one more time... i agree lol

Make fun of me all you want (I'm sure I deserve it for numerous reasons), but look at mynameislegion's post a few lines up. I've never seen information like that from Ebay.

dude... not making fun at all... i was agreeing with your post... i screwed up an left what you had written off... and had agreed with something else lol... laughing at myself!

That's also how I took it. Not much to disagree with in that post...

You would do FAR better going to a local show and asking virtually any of the dealers there for a good "long box" price, especially if you wanted to buy multiples. Most dealers in this area would sell you a nice, re-sellable long box of decent stuff for ~$80. And they'll even let you look through the boxes first.

Buying a long box of utter poo for $150 shipped is just such a poor idea. Not nearly as poor as trying to foist that sort of garbage to an incestuous group such as the boards, but still. Rookie mistakes can and do happen. :sorry:

I asked for Photos. Sergio staged a little photo op of what he said he pulled from a Random box, showing a few titles, including some 20 centers, half DC. In reality, each box contained less than 10% DC's. Im not an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I based my decision on the photos, description he gave of titles and grades, his claim that these were not picked thru and were the same as what he got from Adam.

hm. And you bought a "mystery box"? I'd say that so long as SOMEONE got the books Sergio featured in his photos and descriptions, he's actually not in the wrong.

I've been tempted to buy one of those mystery boxes off ebay before just to see what would be in it but I'm sure it would be .

I've got one I'll sell ya!

lol

ya just gotta luv a guy a little, that can take a personal angst, and laugh about it (thumbs u

major character, dude!

I asked for Photos. Sergio staged a little photo op of what he said he pulled from a Random box, showing a few titles, including some 20 centers, half DC. In reality, each box contained less than 10% DC's. Im not an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I based my decision on the photos, description he gave of titles and grades, his claim that these were not picked thru and were the same as what he got from Adam.

hm. And you bought a "mystery box"? I'd say that so long as SOMEONE got the books Sergio featured in his photos and descriptions, he's actually not in the wrong.

:makepoint: So if he lies he's not in the wrong

...perhaps in that one, singular instance. Maybe. But highly doubtful, you agent provocateur

well it is pretty obvious why cs is being such a wank about this, he doesn't have the money to refund. it seems to me that when a deal goes bad on the boards lately it is due to the seller not having the $$ to fully refund and they go in defensive mode to hide the fact. i myself when i sell something i make sure i keep the $$ in the account that it was deposited into until the buyer states that they are happy with the books (unless a book come up that i must have, then i make sure i either have cash on hand to cover my sales or a cc with enough to cover). that only happens with paypal since they make you use the available $$ in your account before you can use alternate means of pay.

he needed the money and used it before all of his buyers stated they were happy with the product recieved, now it is all gone and he has no way to pay them back.

just my analsys

j

well it is pretty obvious why cs is being such a wank about this, he doesn't have the money to refund. it seems to me that when a deal goes bad on the boards lately it is due to the seller not having the $$ to fully refund and they go in defensive mode to hide the fact. i myself when i sell something i make sure i keep the $$ in the account that it was deposited into until the buyer states that they are happy with the books (unless a book come up that i must have, then i make sure i either have cash on hand to cover my sales or a cc with enough to cover). that only happens with paypal since they make you use the available $$ in your account before you can use alternate means of pay.

he needed the money and used it before all of his buyers stated they were happy with the product recieved, now it is all gone and he has no way to pay them back.

just my analsys

j

if this is the case he needs to man up and pm them at least

...perhaps in that one, singular instance. Maybe. But highly doubtful, you agent provocateur

Perhaps... :shy:

There's been so much hooting and hollering going on about this, I think it's time for a re-set to see what was promised (specifically) versus what was delivered. It sucks to receive a "mystery box" full of garbage, but we've yet to see the full contents of one of these boxes, no? (If we have then simply chalk this line of thinking up to my having started the weekend sometime around Tuesday.)

I'm not saying that Sergio wasn't completely shady and shouldn't be strung up for being a general , but perhaps any one of the purchasers should step forward with the full contents of their box before more bridges are burned?

You are right. That is exactly what I will do. I'm done, Thank you.

This lovely piece of work needs to be on the permanent banned list, with his name up in shining lights.

Rude, trickster, and cannot even own up to his failed plan to make things right. That's someone I never want to see on this board again, no matter how many "Life has been extra rough on me" stories he has to tell.

Everyone runs into problems periodically. Only quality folks never allow that to change their good traits.

There's been so much hooting and hollering going on about this, I think it's time for a re-set to see what was promised (specifically) versus what was delivered. It sucks to receive a "mystery box" full of garbage, but we've yet to see the full contents of one of these boxes, no? (If we have then simply chalk this line of thinking up to my having started the weekend sometime around Tuesday.)

I'm not saying that Sergio wasn't completely shady and shouldn't be strung up for being a general , but perhaps any one of the purchasers should step forward with the full contents of their box before more bridges are burned?

I have two thoughts regarding this. Well, actually three. First is that it's really none of my business, as I am neither a buyer nor seller in this case.

Second thought was that I think your request goes far afield of what a reasonable person might expect in this sort of exchange, as though the numerous accounts of trustworthy Forumites - and this thread - weren't enough. I mean there's proof, and then there's *proof*.

Third thought was that I also would like to see box contents, above and beyond the descriptions here and elsewhere, so I guess that puts me in the same boat with you :shy:

Not PRESENTLY having the funds, does NOT excuse poor business acumen, nor having the proper maturity, tact, and reason, to make good on the refunds in the near future.

This falls under the "I simply do not WANT to refund you, so tough @#$ suckers" file. Most mature individuals who do business, would/will understand personal fiscal strain; especially in this current environment. Its about etiquette, and having a conscience, and if i've learned one solitary thing at age 38...its that BOTH are rarities amoungst 'most' human beings.

You would do FAR better going to a local show and asking virtually any of the dealers there for a good "long box" price, especially if you wanted to buy multiples. Most dealers in this area would sell you a nice, re-sellable long box of decent stuff for ~$80. And they'll even let you look through the boxes first.

Buying a long box of utter poo for $150 shipped is just such a poor idea. Not nearly as poor as trying to foist that sort of garbage to an incestuous group such as the boards, but still. Rookie mistakes can and do happen. :sorry:

My post count here may not be in the thousands such as yours, nor is Weird Paper's, but please don't make assumptions. We have 40+ years of buying/selling/trading/conventions between us in Comics, Original Art, Ephemera, etc. The term "mystery box" is a misnomer. They were fairly well described (which was exaggerated) and photos provided (selective deception) I had nothing but realistic expectation of what I was getting. Midgrade-2nd tier bronze books that guide for $2-4 that in reality you sell for 50 cents, a buck, maybe 2. This was fodder for the cheap boxes we do at shows along with Slabbed and unslabbed gold-sliver-age and bronze. If there were any decent long boxes of comics to be had in the room for $80, odds are we already bought it. (thumbs u

My post count here may not be in the thousands such as yours, nor is Weird Paper's, but please don't make assumptions. We have 40+ years of buying/selling/trading/conventions between us in Comics, Original Art, Ephemera, etc. The term "mystery box" is a misnomer. They were fairly well described (which was exaggerated) and photos provided (selective deception) I had nothing but realistic expectation of what I was getting. Midgrade-2nd tier bronze books that guide for $2-4 that in reality you sell for 50 cents, a buck, maybe 2. This was fodder for the cheap boxes we do at shows along with Slabbed and unslabbed gold-sliver-age and bronze. If there were any decent long boxes of comics to be had in the room for $80, odds are we already bought it. (thumbs u

No offense. Wasn't really directed at you but at people who might be thinking about buying "mystery boxes" here and on eBay.

Should have been clearer, my apologies

*sigh* Didn't I ALREADY do this? Should I take a picture of EVERY book. I listed a complete breakdown of what was in the box. In my opinion, I gave an objective listing, there were exactly 50 1st tier books in the box. None of which would make 6.0. 20% of the books were "Barbarian" books, low to mid grade conans, Kulls, Tarzan and Sonjas. There were no keys of any sort. 30% of the books were water damaged. In my box there WERE over 350 books. 1 in 9 books I believe were DC books. I had 11 Heroes books. The entire box smells musty and mildewy. I'm not trying to hide anything and I did try to take representative pictures. I cannot take 350 pics. What would you like to see? My camera is visiting my in-laws (With my wife in tow...) but I can take and post more next week.

Actually, the photos in the thread were supposedly representative of EVERY box in the group, not one box. Each book should have at least similar books to the ones pictured.

I've been tempted to buy one of those mystery boxes off ebay before just to see what would be in it but I'm sure it would be .

I've got one I'll sell ya!

lol

ya just gotta luv a guy a little, that can take a personal angst, and laugh about it (thumbs u

major character, dude!

I don't like to get took, but I also like my BP under 200 if at all possible. I got three kids, two of them under the age of 3, I've learned not to sweat the small stuff. (shrug)

Doesn't mean I'm going to bend over and grab my ankles for him though. (Which is basically what taking his token 25 bucks implies.)

You are right. That is exactly what I will do. I'm done, Thank you.

This lovely piece of work needs to be on the permanent banned list, with his name up in shining lights.

Rude, trickster, and cannot even own up to his failed plan to make things right. That's someone I never want to see on this board again, no matter how many "Life has been extra rough on me" stories he has to tell.

Everyone runs into problems periodically. Only quality folks never allow that to change their good traits.

^^