• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Report on Comicseekers Long Box

465 posts in this topic

I can confirm that Sergio HAS indeed said he would issue a full refund if I return all the books, which I still have. I've asked him to confirm that he'll issue a refund in the amount of 150 bucks if I send my books back to him. As this is what I have requested all along, I will do so as soon as he confirms. Upon being issued a full refund, I'll remove Sergio from the probation list, as I personally will have no reason to keep him on it.

Michael

My credibility was shot because of POE who started the bashing and accusations of having water damaged moldy books! It was always his intent to bully me into getting him a refund because he wanted key comics and not commons.

He stated that he would start a thread to destroy my reputation unless I refunded him his money. He even FILED A PAYPAL claim as soon as he received the box of comics and BEFORE I WAS NOTIFIED of his intentions! And now he still wants a refund for books that he admits he gave away!

No, I will NOT be out both books and money...especially when I feel that I was set up!

Well I think he should just hand out the refunds.

He has lost more in credibility then the actual dollar value of the books already.

So the results on the poll were quite interesting.

Why is it we can ban someone due to personal relationship decisions, but with this poll result we cannot ban someone for potential scamming?

Sounds like we are taking the teeth out of protecting ourselves where other venues would give you more firepower.

Nobody was banned due to personal relationship decisions, they just limped away. :grin:

Actually, I think Arch forced a sabbatical on D&S and Deedee due to the too-much-drama factor disrupting the boards and requiring constant moderation. No way to know if the sabbatical became permanent, or if as you say the parties involved decided to take their antics somewhere else.

In any case, "we" did no banning-- it was a decision by the moderators. And I'd advise that no one pester Arch about trying to ban comicseekers-- once the marketplace is seen as just creating trouble and/or work for our hosts, it could very well go away...

Finally, a clear and concise statement of the facts... (thumbs u

To reiterate; No One bans anyone from these boards except the Mod's.

And if that sort of action is pursued with them over the Forum selling threads, we might not like the outcome...

Putting someone on the probation list is a different story and so far we've been allowed to use that to help police ourselves...

D&S is on the NOD boards.

Marketplace isn't going anywhere.

"community banning by vote" isn't going to get you anywhere.

UBB Code - per an update about six months ago - would allow Arch to create a new "user level" that was not able to view the Marketplace. I don't believe I saw a way for users to be changed over to a different user level except by brute force, i.e. manually changing people. If you really want to limit access to the Marketplace, coming up with a policy would be helpful, but ultimately you will have to pm Arch and get his opinion on how much time it would take and whether doing so would be worth that time, whether it was done by him or programmers on staff

i agree, should have held on to them until the issue was resolved.

j

I concur, unfortunately. :(

Yep. No books...no refund.

Unfortunately, I have to totally agree.

I can confirm that Sergio HAS indeed said he would issue a full refund if I return all the books, which I still have. I've asked him to confirm that he'll issue a refund in the amount of 150 bucks if I send my books back to him. As this is what I have requested all along, I will do so as soon as he confirms. Upon being issued a full refund, I'll remove Sergio from the probation list, as I personally will have no reason to keep him on it.

Michael

I would take a full refund and eat the cost to ship back but thus far that as not been offered to me :frustrated: