• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good Bob, Bad Bob?

16 posts in this topic

It has been a while since we have seen an update to Mr. Storm's Rants & Raves - 9/24/2003 to be exact. Can we expect an update to celebrate the new year and the pending Decline of the Comicbook Market? grin.gif

It has been a while since we have seen an update to Mr. Storm's Rants & Raves - 9/24/2003 to be exact. Can we expect an update to celebrate the new year and the pending Decline of the Comicbook Market? grin.gif

At the prices his FF's have been selling for he'd better not talk about dropping prices! 893frustrated.gif

Timely

I mentioned that to him when I saw him at the last show. I think he is a bit disenchanted about it because some people have lost their sense of humor about his Rants and Raves. He is probably right but I would like to see an update.

Lately I have found that unless you SPELL IT OUT IN BOLD most people miss the joke. They fail to see why I would or could say such things even though many of my comments are said over dinner or at conventions by other dealers. The other comments or feedback I get is that certain collectors always think you are talking about them. In some cases I am, in some cases I am not. Quite frankly there are a lot of BSD's who take a very strange delight in making the list. Other's are surprised that they've made it. Others don't get the term at all. Would you prefer "Whale" or "Big Spender". BSD is so much more fun and quite frankly most of us are littles boys in big clothes anyway. And then there are some dealers who react with utter disdain at being mentioned or made fun of. As if they don't contribute to their own cause. Has anybody ever been on liquidgeneration.com? Where do you think I came up with the Comic version of "who'd you rather"? If Dealers had boobs I'd come up with the Who's Boobs dealer version. Hmmm, Come to think of it some of the dealers I know do sport B cups. And lastly the Comic Dealer death match was adapted by the MTV clamation show that I found to be utterly hilarious. If anyone sees dealers before a show they know the rant and rave wrote itself. Never underestimate Harley Yee, he moves faster than you think. And Michael Carbonaro does a snake imitation better than anybody I know (If you know what I'm talking about you will laugh, if you don't you will think I am saying a bad thing)

Have a great night and welcome to 2004.

Well Bob, now when would a little disenchantment stop you from doing something? The majority of people including myself enjoy your humor, matter of fact one of your first Rant and Raves had some classic lines in them which I showed my friends....ok friend. Anyway in the immortal words of my wise old uncle....f..k em if they can't take a joke.

Steve

My website is kept very up to date, lately it's been updated as books are sold and with the holidays I haven't really been buying much in the way of raw. My attention has been on finding #1's lately because that's what I have the strongest demand for. Don't think I'm sitting on my jewels taking it easy.

Don't think I'm sitting on my jewels taking it easy.

Perhaps some of the Forum members can do a "Tribute" edition of Good Bob/Bad Bob? thumbsup2.gif

For instance:

Good Bob: I'm available 24/7/365 to fulfill all the requests of my customers.

Bad Bob: Sure I'll scan the front & back covers of the 19 CGC books you requested you [!@#%^&^], and don't think twice about calling me at 6:00 am on a Saturday morning to reserve that $40 book you've been wanting.

Good Bob: I'm available 24/7/365 to fulfill all the requests of my customers.

Bad Bob: Sure I'll scan the front & back covers of the 19 CGC books you requested you [!@#%^&^], and don't think twice about calling me at 6:00 am on a Saturday morning to reserve that $40 book you've been wanting.

I'm sorry, Bob. I will try to wait until 8:00 am next time... sorry.gif