• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Creative Team Has The Longest Run?

42 posts in this topic

I was thinking earlier about which creative teams have the longest unbroken run on a title. By creative team I'm referring to writer/artist parings. The longest one I could think of off the top of my head was Ennis/Dillon on Preacher, standing at 66 issues plus one-shots and minis.

I have no idea whether any other creative team has dwarfed this run, but any info on this would be greatly appreciated solely out of curiosity (thumbs u

I was thinking earlier about which creative teams have the longest unbroken run on a title. By creative team I'm referring to writer/artist parings. The longest one I could think of off the top of my head was Ennis/Dillon on Preacher, standing at 66 issues plus one-shots and minis.

I have no idea whether any other creative team has dwarfed this run, but any info on this would be greatly appreciated solely out of curiosity (thumbs u

Im thinking Bendis and Bagley on USM 110 issues

Sim/Gerhard on Cerebus #65 to 300 I believe.

That's a ing big run. Did they contribute to other titles during that time or was Cerebus their exclusive title?

I read in my old Overstreet an article about the history of Daredevil. I think the Lee/Colan team was there for a very long run. Lee eventually left the book and Colan was still there.

Cerebus has the longest (both issue count and years).

Bendis/Bagley (I think) are second. This is issue count though, not years.

Stan/Jack on FF was long (in both count and years).

Also, the entire "creative team" of 100 Bullets had a 100 issue run (no bi-monthly issues or any "special" issues). I don't know the exact lenght of years, but I would say 8+.

Azzarello - writer

Risso - Artist

Johnson - cover artist

Mulvahill (sp?)- Colorist

Robins - Letterer

Well...if we consider solo creators...Cary Bates did over 13-14 years on the Flash and Peter David wrote 137 consecutive issues of the Hulk.

As far as creative teams, we've forgotten about Aragones and Evanier on Groo.

8 issues - Pacific

1 - Eclipse

120 - Marvel (Epic)

12 - Image

4 x 4 Dark Horse minis (at least0

25th Anniversary special

Death of Groo

Life of Groo

= well over 150 issues of Groo. Stan Sakai lettered almost all of them, and Tom Luth missed only about 20 of those issues as a colorist. So, same creative team for the whole book, I think they're second only to Sim and Gerhard.