• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's "I need a Vacation and a new car" Sales thread...Gold/Silver/Bronze

53 posts in this topic

Tales of Suspense # 64 (CGC 9.2 OW) Early Hawkeye appearance. First Black Widow in costume. Two 9.4 copies have sold this year for $1,100+, with the last 9.0 selling for $311 in December of 2008. No sales in 9.2 since January of 2007.

Rock-bottom price of $325.

TOS64cgc92f.jpg

Tales of Suspense # 49 (CGC 9.0 White). 1st X-Men cross-over. Very difficult book in grade. Near impossible to find one without smudging in the pink and grey areas of the front cover. Bright, vivid colors on this one. Book has been pressed.

Price: $1,600

TOS49cgc90f-1.jpg

Detective Comics # 46 (CGC 7.5)

Tec46cgc75f.jpg

What a gorgeous book! Vintage early Batman, great condition and a reasonable price. Very tempting... hm

No kidding! hm

Remember gents...Time Payment are always possible!

I'm very surprised that a sharp looking early Batman Detective is basically sitting around at under Guide. I would have thought someone would've gotten off the fence by now...

You just aren't going to get another Batman or Tec this nice from 1940 for $1,100...its just not going to happen.

First up is a nice one....

Journey into Mystery # 83 CGC VG/FN 5.0. Nice looking book in an old label holder. Last sale for a 5.0 was $2,500. Last sale for a 5.5 was a whopping $3,950. A $1,450 price difference for a half-a-grade seems silly to me, especially since this copy presents as nice as a 5.5.

Price: $2,600

JIM-83f.jpg

Lots of nibbles, but no firm bites. Kinda surprised since a 4.0 went for $2,300 earlier this year. I guess the hype for the Thor movie really hasn't kicked in yet....

Could I see a front cover scan of the ASM 66 please?