• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's "I need a Vacation and a new car" Sales thread...Gold/Silver/Bronze

53 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery # 37 (CGC VF- 7.5) Classic Hitler Cover. Tough book in high grade. A reholder would eliminate the Centerfold notes on the front cover, and that might be the way I decide to go if it doesn't move in this thread. According to GPA, only one mid to high grade copy has sold in the last five years, and that was a 6.5 back in 2007 for $1,275. This is not a book that comes around very often in any shape. Back cover is extremely clean with no sunshadows or tanlines to speak of. I'm basically pricing this book at a hair above cost.

$1875

MMC37cgc80f.jpg

Frigging A! You're killing me here! :frustrated:

I'll start cleaning up the thread, and adding to it, throughout the week...

th_ASM66cgc94f.jpgth_Xmen79cgc96f.jpgth_ST125cgc92f.jpgth_TOS49cgc90f-1.jpgth_TOS64cgc92f.jpg

ASM # 66 (CGC 9.4 OW) $350

X-Men # 74 (CGC 9.4 OW/W) $350

Strange Tales # 125 (CGC 9.2 CRM/OW) $460

TOS # 49 (CGC 9.0 White) $1600

TOS # 64 (CGC 9.2 OW) $325

Detective Comics # 46 (CGC 7.5) This book has a lot of things going for it. It is the Dick Winters copy, an OO collection out of the Lancaster County, PA area. It features the 20th appearance of Batman in Detective Comics. It is a contemporary of Batman # 3 & # 4 (both books that Guide for much more). It has great page quality for the era. It also features the "death" of Batman villain Hugo Strange. It also presents extremely well for the grade with sharp edges and only minor wear. High guide is $4,200 for this book, which is a bit low to me. Taking all that into account, I've also priced it under Guide as a "Board special". If you ever wanted to own a nice, solid early Tec...this book may be for you.

Price: $1,150. This book has been Pressed to remove some NCB wrinkles on the front cover.

Tec46cgc75f.jpg

OK gang. Last chance at this book.

Just a reminder, the spread on this book in the 2009 OS is:

$840 in 6.0, $1,764.00 in 8.0, $2,982 in 9.0, and $4,200 in 9.2

So, if my math is right, OS on a 7.5 is $1,533.

I'm doing one final price drop to $1,100.

A high grade, OW/W paged, Original Owner Batman-cover Detective from 1940 for roughly 70% of Guide....that's truly nuts, in my honest opinion.

So, can someone put me out of my misery and post the :takeit: already?

First up is a nice one....

Journey into Mystery # 83 CGC VG/FN 5.0. Nice looking book in an old label holder. Last sale for a 5.0 was $2,500. Last sale for a 5.5 was a whopping $3,950. A $1,450 price difference for a half-a-grade seems silly to me, especially since this copy presents as nice as a 5.5.

Price: $2,600

JIM-83f.jpg

Bring it to the Tampa show please, Jive :foryou:

Journey into Mystery # 83 CGC VG/FN 5.0. Nice looking book in an old label holder. Last sale for a 5.0 was $2,500. Last sale for a 5.5 was a whopping $3,950. A $1,450 price difference for a half-a-grade seems silly to me, especially since this copy presents as nice as a 5.5.

JIM-83f.jpg

Bring it to the Tampa show please, Jive :foryou:

I'm hoping its gone by then. :wishluck:

Detective Comics # 46 (CGC 7.5) This book has a lot of things going for it. It is the Dick Winters copy, an OO collection out of the Lancaster County, PA area. It features the 20th appearance of Batman in Detective Comics. It is a contemporary of Batman # 3 & # 4 (both books that Guide for much more). It has great page quality for the era. It also features the "death" of Batman villain Hugo Strange. It also presents extremely well for the grade with sharp edges and only minor wear. High guide is $4,200 for this book, which is a bit low to me. Taking all that into account, I've also priced it under Guide as a "Board special". If you ever wanted to own a nice, solid early Tec...this book may be for you.

Price: $1,150. This book has been Pressed to remove some NCB wrinkles on the front cover.

Tec46cgc75f.jpg

A high grade, OW/W paged, Original Owner Batman-cover Detective from 1940 for roughly 70% of Guide....that's truly nuts, in my honest opinion.

:pullhair: Somone needs to put me out of MY misery.

:censored: Per PM, :takeit: .

Tec46cgc75f.jpg

:pullhair: Somone needs to put me out of MY misery.

:censored: Per PM, :takeit: .

(worship)(worship) Many thanks.....

JIM-83f.jpg

:news:PRICE REDUCTION to $2,500 :news:

Some dude accepted an offer of $2,000 on a 5.0 on eBay yesterday after having the listing up for one day. I guess he was desperate. I'm not.

JIM-83f.jpg

:news:PRICE REDUCTION to $2,500 :news:

Some dude accepted an offer of $2,000 on a 5.0 on eBay yesterday after having the listing up for one day. I guess he was desperate. I'm not.

Still here? :o

This should put the pressure on hm