• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Alan Light GA reprints, Fanzines, Digests, Mad & more...UPDATED & REDUCED!

48 posts in this topic

Hey all...here comes a fairly big stack of oddball goodness: everything in this quickie thread was either published in the '70s or early '80s, and/or should be of general interest to fans and collectors of that same time period.

SHIPPING IN THE US: $6 (insured) for everything I can fit in a USPS Priority Mail flat rate envelope; $11 (insured) for everything I can fit in the (bigger) USPS Priority Mail flat rate box.

SHIPPING EVERYWHERE ELSE: Please contact me FIRST before committing to buy -- thanks!

:takeit: rules, and PayPal ONLY for this thread, please!

IMPORTANT: I need to ship everything by this coming Thursday morning (7/2/2009). So please don't commit to buy unless you can complete payment before that date. Thanks!

Oh yeah, one more thing...let's all TIP A 40 FOR MJ!!

Say what you will about Wacko Jacko as an adult, but as a kid, he could sing and dance his hass off! Dig the live vocal on this clip:

Special Edition Series #1 -- Whiz Comics: Published in 1974 by Alan Light (with a foreword by Bruce Hamilton), this somewhat scarce TP collection of black-and-white reprints compiles the Captain Marvel (aka "Shazam") stories from Whiz Comics #7 - 28. Small tape pull on FC, inside covers and one interior folio reinforced with archival/library tape. Color covers, b&w interiors. 320 pages! VG/VG+.

SOLD!

spec-ed1a.jpg

spec-ed1b.jpg

Special Edition Series #2 -- The Ray & The Black Condor: Published in 1974 by Alan Light, with a foreword by Jim Steranko! Reprints the AWESOME Ray & Black Condor stories by Lou Fine and Reed Crandall from Quality Comics' Smash and Crack Comics! Black-and-white, with one story in full color. In my experience, this is the toughest of these relatively scarce books to find. 316 pages. VG.

SOLD!!

spec-ed2a.jpg

spec-ed2b.jpg

Special Edition Series #3 -- Mac Raboy's Captain Marvel Jr.: The third and final book in this series of classic GA reprints produced by Alan Light in the early/mid 1970s. Reprints the (mostly) Raboy-drawn Captain Marvel Jr. stories from Fawcett's Master Comics #27 - 42. When I first discovered eBay back in 1995, this was one of the first books I was determined to track down! It really is THAT cool. 208 pages, b&w. VG/Fine.

SOLD!!

spec-ed3a.jpg

spec-ed3b.jpg

Comic Book Artist magazine: CBA (from Twomorrows) is easily THE best fanzine/prozine published since the heyday of fandom in the '60s and '70s. These early issues (from the late '90s/early '00s) are exuberant, first-rate work: FAT mags jammed with unpublished artwork, interviews, rare behind-the-scenes pics from back in the day, sketchbook sections, and more! A MUST read for Bronze Age collectors! All of these copies were read (or flipped through) once and stored very carefully, and thus are all in the VF - VF/NM range.

(NOTE: CBA #1 - 5 are flipbooks with Roy Thomas's pioneering "Alter Ego" fanzine on the other side):

---------------------------------------------------------------------

#1: DC Comics, 1967 - 1974. Neal Adams! Hard to believe this mag is over 10 years old now! And dig that new Adams cover! Wooo!

SOLD!!

cba1.jpg