• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS EARLY FANZINES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF FANDOM

78 posts in this topic

Up for sale are historical fanzines from early fandom. These are rare and should be of interest. They feature artwork by fan favorites, many who became pros. Copies are vf/nm. Add $5.00 for shipping.

First up: Fanasy Illustrated #4 Summer 1965. Published by Bill Spicer. Early Jeff Jones, maybe 1st published. $20.00

fantasy4.jpg

The Illustrated Comic Collector's Handbook Vol.2. 1967. Edited by G.B. Love. Rare Golden Age superhero and comic book index. $12.00

handbook2.jpg

The Illustrated Comic Collector's Handbook Vol.3 1968 $12.00 or both for $20.00

handbook3.jpg

Star-Studded Nov. 1969. Early fan artwork by Jim Starlin. $8.00

star-studded.jpg

Third Rail Vol.1 #1 June 1981. Not early, but filled with great art. Al Williamson cover and interview. Roy Krenkel back cover. Steve Bissette story. Reed Crandall Jungle Jim. Clarke Ashton Smith adaptation. $6.00.

3rdrail.jpg

If people show interest, I'll post more.

Up for sale are historical fanzines from early fandom. These are rare and should be of interest. They feature artwork by fan favorites, many who became pros. Copies are vf/nm. Add $5.00 for shipping.

First up: Fanasy Illustrated #4 Summer 1965. Published by Bill Spicer. Early Jeff Jones, maybe 1st published. $20.00

fantasy4.jpg

star-studded.jpg

:takeit:

:takeit: both 2 and 3

Third Rail Vol.1 #1 June 1981. Not early, but filled with great art. Al Williamson cover and interview. Roy Krenkel back cover. Steve Bissette story. Reed Crandall Jungle Jim. Clarke Ashton Smith adaptation. $6.00.

fantasy4.jpg

star-studded.jpg

Love that Keltner cover. zzz Too bad I was sleeping today. I will keep my eye out for another.

fantasy4.jpg

star-studded.jpg

^^

:takeit: both 2 and 3

Another ^^

New prices. All zines now $8.00. Add $5.00 shipping.

fandom2.jpg

Articles by Tony Isabella and Mark Evanier. $8.00

fandom1.jpg

Articles by Tony Isabella and Mark Evanier $8.00 or both for $12.00

omnifan3.jpg

By David Anthony Kraft. Conan centerfold (pre-comic).This is 8.5X11 folded in half. $8.00.

missle.jpg

1968 by animator Derek Carter $8.00

COMIC & THE CRYPT #4 1971 Adkins Dynamo cover- $8.00 ea.

CC4.jpg

COMIC & THE CRYPT #5- Awesome 1st published interview with Jack Kirby & Carmine Infantino.

Adkins/ Russell fc. Kirby/Adkins bc and interior page. THIS INTERVIEW HAS NEVER BEEN REPRINTED.

CC5.jpg

CC5bc.jpg

Oh NO! Not free? *CHOKE* *SOB!*

Wups. Sorry, I was channeling my EC unconscious there for a minute...

Nice batch of 'zines you've been digging out, for serious.

The Operation Missile was a Captain George Publication. Derek Carter, at the time, was storyboarding Rocket Robin Hood in Toronto. He either had won a Hugo Award or was about to win won. He was viewed locally as a cartooning genius. He soon went to Disney studios to storyboard their but beyond that, I have no idea what happened to him. Operation Missile was his attempt at straight comic drawing. It is fascinating and quirky. I haven't seen that cover in a quarter century or more.

The Kirby interview in Comic and Crypt was conducted by Toronto boy Mark Segel and New Yorker Marc Bilgrey who I have been told is now a stand up comic. It was done when Kirby had left Marvel but hadn't quite landed at DC. Infantino was in the room at the time so they both did their best to tell all about the wonderful things Kirby was going to do. I know of no Kirby interview preceding it.

Mark actually went down to NY to interview Jim Warren who received him with all the charm and warmth New Yorkers were known for in the late 1960's (he threw Mark, a boy of about 16, out of his office after his flying 500 miles to see him). Mark was received much more warmly at DC.

COMIC & THE CRYPT #4 1971 Adkins Dynamo cover- $8.00 ea.

CC4.jpg

COMIC & THE CRYPT #5- Awesome 1st published interview with Jack Kirby & Carmine Infantino.

Adkins/ Russell fc. Kirby/Adkins bc and interior page. THIS INTERVIEW HAS NEVER BEEN REPRINTED.

CC5.jpg

CC5bc.jpg

Oh what the hell. If you take paypal, then

both the Comic & Crypt

New prices. All zines now $8.00. Add $5.00 shipping.

fandom2.jpg

Articles by Tony Isabella and Mark Evanier. $8.00

fandom1.jpg

Articles by Tony Isabella and Mark Evanier $8.00 or both for $12.00

omnifan3.jpg

By David Anthony Kraft. Conan centerfold (pre-comic).This is 8.5X11 folded in half. $8.00.

missle.jpg

1968 by animator Derek Carter $8.00

:takeit: all