• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX unrestored ----> CGC restored??

156 posts in this topic

Hey guys... I'm sure CGC is much better at detecting restoration, so I was curious. I have a book I'm thinking of submitting to CGC. It is currently in an unrestored PGX container. Has anyone ever submitted a PGX unrestored only to have it be found restored by CGC?

p.s. This topic is ok, right? :wishluck:

Yup. Happens quite a bit actually, GA is a realllll -shoot. But PGX doesn't really discriminate much. I've got two bronze books in PGX holders that I'm really afraid to submit as they are on the list of books confirmed to have been found as restored by CGC when previously in unrestored holders by PGX. Shazam 1 and Swamp Thing 8. I finally rolled the dice on the Swampy, I'll let you know how it turns out if you want. Should be back in a couple of months.

Hey guys... I'm sure CGC is much better at detecting restoration, so I was curious. I have a book I'm thinking of submitting to CGC. It is currently in an unrestored PGX container. Has anyone ever submitted a PGX unrestored only to have it be found restored by CGC?

there's also been lots of talk about grades as well....some pgx books come back lower cgc..some have come back much higher cgc(from 9.2pgx to 9.6 cgc)..so its a shoot all the way around...you should post grade as pgx then a scan from the new cgc..... :wishluck:

Yup. Happens quite a bit actually, GA is a realllll -shoot. But PGX doesn't really discriminate much. I've got two bronze books in PGX holders that I'm really afraid to submit as they are on the list of books confirmed to have been found as restored by CGC when previously in unrestored holders by PGX. Shazam 1 and Swamp Thing 8. I finally rolled the dice on the Swampy, I'll let you know how it turns out if you want. Should be back in a couple of months.

good luck..keep us posted.

It has happened to some people.

But I recently documented in this forum the Batman #27 I bought for just over $100 as an unrestored PGX 5.0 and it came back as an unrestored CGC 6.5 :banana:

My last two submissions contained PGX books that I cracked out.

Swamp Thing 8 in PGX 9.8 White came back as a 9.8 trimmed OW/W

Superman 233 PGX 9.4 OW/W came back as a 9.2 trimmed OW/W

Did I mention that PGX can bite me?

:o

DRX

:o

DRX

:censored:

Did I mention that I was concerned about submitting MY Swampy 8? Crud...

While PGX is at turns decent, satisfactory or terrible for Bronze and Silver Age books, buying a Golden Age PGX book is literally a gamble, and should be treated as such

I've often thought before now about buying some PGX books and resubbing to see of they get grade bumps. Aah bollocks to it, I'll try it anyway.