• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WAS latest 'hot' pick NOW lame basketball chat

71 posts in this topic

from the 'hot ten comic' list in wizard this month, in with a bullet dd #181 shocked.gif

check out the blurb wizard writes, it's pretty funny grin.gif

"how in the blue blazes did a 20 year old comic sneak onto this list? well. we'll tell you how - a little known thing as next february's 'daredevil' motion picture. rumor has it that the film's storyline will parallel that of this classic ish. hence, a rare book that's only gonna become moreso."

rush out and buy that 'rare book' now guys, cause they're going fast grin.giftongue.gif

Laugh if you like... but many of Wizard's readers are sheep... and that one blurb will generate a lot of people wandering into their local shop to pick up a copy... It won't generate any extra business, but it will steer customers toward that issue...

I actually think that DD 181 has the best chance of becoming hot, as ASM 121-122 slowly gained steam as the movie story started to break and really took off once it became widely known.

Now that dent-head Bullseye is on the trailer, DD 131 and 132 are turkeys, DD 168 is too high priced and DD 158 has absolutely no connection to the flick at all.

Now DD 181 is a common issue, but rarity and value/demand usually don't walk hand in hand (just check out Darht's auctions) and I can see these issues spiking to 3X-5X their current value.

You know... I can't believe I am actually about to say this... but I think the bullseye on his head will be good for the movie...

The Wizard article this month about the movie includes the information that Bullseye's 'dent' is something he carved himself, a form of scarification that demonstrates what a nutjob he really is.

There are substantially more people into body-modification in the US than there are people who read comics. So more people have a neighbor/friend/S.O./employee who sport body-mods than have neighbor/friend/S.O./employee who read comics. To the general public, that scar on his forehead will tell a lot more about his character than a colorful costume ever could have. And while he still looks like a tool, he comes across as a whacked-out nutjob who cuts his own skin for laughs. If anything, I think that stupid-looking scar on his head will make him more believable to the casual public...

Two of my employees have mild body-mods and know people with fairly extreme work... They both indicated his scarification makes him seem like more of a psycho...

Yeah... and Wizard made sure to mention that he is 3 inches taller than Arnold Schwarzenegger... like that freaking matters... I am an inch and a half taller than Michael Jordan, that doesn't make me a baseball player blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

My running joke with the wife is that I am tall enough to see the future... Because so often we'll be out somewhere and I can see way across the room, or the stands, or the restaurant, or the concert hall, and I can tell her that so-and-so will be here in 3 minutes...

i bet you that the movie will make over a $100 million easily

I wouldn't take that bet, as the amount of promotion given to the movie dictates its opening weekend box office. So if they spend 50-100 million promoting it, it's a no-brainer that it'll rake in 100 mill the first week.

It pains me that the general population uses the box office like some scoreboard.

what for? so you can shop at rochester's big and tall? do you even know how hard it is to find clothes or even shoes for that matter that would fit? wishing is for fools like rickdogg j/k tongue.gif speaking of the dogg, i betcha he get's his hands on a DD 181 now. blush.gifshocked.gifwink.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

but the most memorable is the one I made with Sally Hansen back in 1977...To this day I can't walk past an elementary school coat closet without a smile coming across my face.... Ah... sweet memories...

does your wife know about this? blush.gifshocked.gifwink.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

You know... I can't believe I am actually about to say this... but I think the bullseye on his head will be good for the movie..

You may be right (I still doubt it, since he looks like a super-tool) but no matter which way you slice it, the character design is like the plague for DD 131-132 sales.

I wish I was 6-8 so that I could be INTIMIDATING...a tall monster with little regard for human life and I would rule the World and I could touch the sky....Naaa..I just wanna be able to DUNK!

I wish I was 6-8.

You know, I am 6'6" and people are always saying they wish they were as tall as me, but it is NOT a blessing. I have had two surgeries on my spine and there will undoubtedly be more in the future. My spine is slowly deteriorating because the "disk material" (the material between the vertebrae) is thicker than in a person of normal height. This puts more strain on it and leads to blown disks. If you have ever ruptured a disk, you know it is a VERY unpleasant experience.

Doorways are too short. clothes are hard to find that fit right, so you wear what will fit rather than what you like. Constantly bumping your head on SOMETHING that was made for a shorter world. Nope, it is not a blessing.

Phil