• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1983 MH ad

46 posts in this topic

To be all honest, even if you had a time machine, you most likely would never get the Key X-men books (94 or GS#1) Not sure about the hulk 181. I tried back then to get them but they never seemed to have one available and would always send back an alternate selection. So I tried to hold out till one came available by not having an alternate (paid waiting list). I think I waited almost a year before I gave up....

oooh, I did not know that. That is very interesting.

Great thread, Slym.

This topic really hits my nostalgic buttons. For a twelve year old, reading the MH and EastCoast Comics ads was akin to checking out the Wall Street Journal for stock tips, which is to say they were about as accurate.

Between the ads, and the nosebleed prices from LCS dealers, I had heady misconceptions of the industry.

Great thread, Slym.

This topic really hits my nostalgic buttons. For a twelve year old, reading the MH and EastCoast Comics ads was akin to checking out the Wall Street Journal for stock tips, which is to say they were about as accurate.

Between the ads, and the nosebleed prices from LCS dealers, I had heady misconceptions of the industry.

Thanks, that's why I posted it. I'm glad you enjoyed...

:acclaim:

-slym

Nothing wrong with reading the New Muties (thumbs u

I used to read these ads over and over wondering if they would post to England but I never did order.

Some funny prices in there FF116 same price as 112 ?

+1 (thumbs u

:D I ordered from them when i was lil too. Was i just being a typical kid, or did it take FOREVER for those orders to come back?

:D I ordered from them when i was lil too. Was i just being a typical kid, or did it take FOREVER for those orders to come back?

both.

I remember ordering Spec 106, 107, 108, 109 from East Coast Comics and it took "forrrrrrr-eeeevvvvvvv-aaaahhhhhhh" (see The Sandlot for pronunciation).

Good times.