• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

better legs - iron fist #14 or TOD#10

30 posts in this topic

Which comic is the first appearance of Mystique? And does it sell for much? I'd say she was one of the main characters in both X-Men movies, and her powers are totally cool. A much better character than Sabretooth! sumo.gif

Which comic is the first appearance of Mystique? And does it sell for much? I'd say she was one of the main characters in both X-Men movies, and her powers are totally cool. A much better character than Sabretooth! sumo.gif
Ms. Marvel 18? confused-smiley-013.gif

she doesn't have a cut and dry 1st appearance sadly, & that hurts that possibility a lot! Its spread over 3 issues, ms. marvel #16-18, but they are all kinda nebulous. Its not even as cut & dry as hulk 180-182. If she was on the cover & introduced of say Ms. Marvel #18, it would be $100 nm raw i am sure.

I would think Iron Fist has nicer legs, being that he's a martial artist and has to stay limber. thumbsup2.gif

Anyone know why Sabertooth never appeared in issues 108-143 of X-men?

( I know this sounds like a great set-up for a Sabertooth joke...but I'm being serious smirk.gif)

Chris & John introduced the character in IF 14, then did their 1st work on the X-men in 15.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why wasn't the 1st Wolvie vs. Sabertooth battle drawn by Byrne? confused-smiley-013.gif

( I know this sounds like a great set-up for a Sabertooth joke...but I'm being serious smirk.gif)

Good question, and likely because they "never got around to it". You have to remember that once Shooter put his foot down on the Dark Phoenix saga, Byrne was long gone, and all of the future X-Men storylines were toast.

Now, it's pretty obvious from Iron Fist 14-15, that Byrne had designed some sort of connection between the Sabretooth and Wolvie (it was pretty blatant), and since he was co-plotting/writing with Claremont on X-Men, it would seem a logical plan to include Sabes.... and they might have around X-Men 157... in the Shooterless Universe.. 893frustrated.gif

Chris & John introduced the character in IF 14, then did their 1st work on the X-men in 15.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why wasn't the 1st Wolvie vs. Sabertooth battle drawn by Byrne? confused-smiley-013.gif

If Sabes had have been in the X-Run prices for IF #14 would now be through the stratosphere... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

People keep saying that Sabretooth is a lame character, so TOD #10 is the better pick over IF #14. But are you all forgetting what a TOTALLY lame character Blade has been in comic books? Forget the movies, they won't sustain any long term values for either of these books. For me IF #14 is the better pic because as far as comic books collectors go (re:long term values), Sabretooth is head and shoulders over Blade in terms of appeal and popularity.

TOD 10. Sabretooth is alright as a villian but nothing about him stands out. Blade on the other hand is very cool, has an interesting origin, and a successful movie under his belt. Actually, I believe there is a Blade 3 coming. Not to mention my son and his friends are very much aware of who Blade is which I think bodes well for the character and the comic. Marvel should do one of their original story digest things based on the Blade character. I would give it a chance and buy it.