• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM#101-MS#2-MS#5-Savage Tales #1-TOD#1-TOD#10

6 posts in this topic

As the marvel horror horror characters start to appeal to more collectors, who do you think will hold the most clout. I think its going to play out as such....

#1 Morbius & Ghost Rider

#2 Man Thing

#3 Werewolf & Blade

#4 Dracula

At this point tod#1 has been a bit weaker, but with all of the interest in the Essential, i would not be suprised to see a bit of a rebound. Its also more common perhaps than any other horror 1st.

I think Morbius is pretty well liked and is the 1st vampire in comics since the code. Having such a strong tie to spidey doesn't hurt either. Vampire tales sells among marvels best horror mags because of his really nice run in there. A lot of great books, like team up#3, fear #20, 24, giant size super heroes #1 etc. all back up his cool quota. The potential is there for marvel to do him right still, but i don't hold my breath.

I think ghost rider has great potential. He is well loved, had the most appearances of any of the above, he is very public in the comic community because of the insane prices MS5 has brought, and of course, the movie.

Man thing is also well liked and perhaps has been under rated for a long time now. His 1st appearance is without a doubt the toughest of all of the above, especially in grade. Early word on his movie is its pretty decent, and will be released theatrically.

I don't see frankenstein as making much of an impact, but the Dracula cross over issues are popular (as are the dracula-werewolf issues)

any thoughts confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Drac and Blade over the long term. Of all the characters here, their title was the best written and illustrated while the others went from occasionally good to downright awful. I think years down the road collectors will continue to get this series for the quality title that it was.

Jim

I'd say Werewolf by Night will end up on top, with the popularity of Moon Knight in ish #32, proapably surpassing TOD#10 down the road. Also, in his corner, a major motion picture, and since the movie will come out after the three Blades, Man-Thing and Ghost Rider, the producer gets to see what has already been done. Plus, it's going to get an "R" rating, and Marvel Ent. Arad says it will be the best lycantrope movie ever to hit the silver(bronze) screen. So, after all the smoke clears, I think will see Werewolf by Night on top of them all-JMO. thumbsup2.gif